It’s the day after Christmas and here I sit nursing a pretty bad cold.
I am mostly a huge baby when it comes to being sick…there is nothing I dislike more than not feeling my best. The good news is that it doesn’t happen very often, because I have an arsenal of good things that I practice in order to ward off colds and keep my immune system ramped up.
Here is what I do for prevention:
- Get 8 hours of sleep a night ( I know I include this in every list…because it’s critical!)
- Eat well, avoid all the crap we know we aren’t supposed to put in our bodies.
- Keep alcohol to a minimum, or none at all
- Stay strong emotionally and spiritually.
- Smile, laugh. Do things that keep our vibration up ( see previous blog posts about this)
- During the cold season, I ramp on on certain supplements. I use zinc, vitamin C and an immune support formula I get from Mercola.com
- Meditate! The following video is the meditation and mantra I use to keep my immune system strong.
If you are already sick, continue with the above list and REST!
Ask your spiritual guides for assistance in moving the imbalance out of your body. You can also see the illness or imbalance as a teacher.
Being sick or imbalanced offers us contrast. Contrast is—in most general terms—the unwanted things that we manifest in our lives. Theses unwanted things, while annoying, irritating and inconvenient, offer us the opportunity to learn, to grow, to evolve and to become ninja choice makers and masters of manifesing what we want in our lives.
Contrast gives us the opportunity to become even more practiced at the art of gratitude, focusing on what we want (even though it’s not the reality that’s manifesting for us) and helping us to be even more discriminating about our thoughts and feelings. It’s becoming more aware of the health we desire, when we are sick. It’s the awareness of the wealth we want, when money problems appear. It’s yearning for happiness when we feel down.
If you learn to be ok with whatever contrast that life is throwing your way—illness, arguing with your partner, bad drivers, issues at work, kids that won’t listen to you, money problems—you will at least have mastered the art of feeling ok, no matter what!
And that’s a win for you. In my humble opinion, life is supposed to be enjoyable and we are meant to be happy, fulfilled and prosperous.
Try to take whatever bummer situation you may find yourself in and turn it into a positive in your life. It’s the old concept of finding the silver lining in any situation.
Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts about this post! Love to get feeedback from my readers.
Much love and appreciation,