I asked this question on my Facebook page a few days ago and many people joined in. The most common answers were family, friends and life experiences.
Not surprising, really.
Even though we live in a culture of excess, when it comes right down to it, what we really value most are those things that give us a sense of connection, pleasure and meaning.
What we value tends to be interchangeable with what we are passionate about, what drives us and lights our fire.
It’s not always about the cars, the clothes, and the material things, although that is what our society largely pushes and praises. Yes, those things can provide us with enjoyment and there is a certain value in having nice things, but they aren’t on the top of the list when it comes to what we value the most.
It’s not to say there is anything wrong with valuing money. Prosperity and abundance are things I value, because I know that money can have a huge impact on my health, my time, and experiences I have with my family.
What you value is really a very clear indication of not only who you are, but what’s important to focus on in order to be truly fulfilled. If you value spending time in nature, but aren’t doing it, you will feel off and disconnected. If you value spending time with your kids and aren’t doing it, you will feel like something is missing.
Life gives us clues, both large and small, when we are out of sync with what we love—what we value. Boredom, depression, illness, relationship issues, recurring problems are just a few of the clues that might come our way when we get off track with our values.
Paying attention to what you value in life is critical to living a meaningful life. Creating a life you love, is really all about learning to make the right choices. And making the right choices is how we can start the process of manifesting or getting what we want in life by being masters of our thoughts and feelings. The right choice(s) being those things that get you closer to having what you value in your life.
Here a few quick tips on how to get clear about your values and how you can use that awareness to manifest whatever you desire in your life—better health, prosperity, happiness, or more time with family and friends.
- Make a list of the top 5 things you value the most
- Now be really real with yourself—how much are you paying attention to these things? How much time and energy do you spend nurturing these values?
- If you feel like you aren’t putting enough time into some of your values, make a list of things you can do to change that. What choices can you make today, to bring more of those things you value into your life?
- If there are things that you value on your list that you do feel you pay attention to and you don’t feel out of balance with, then celebrate that! Give yourself credit. I know it may seem dorky, but when you can get into a place of appreciation and gratitude for what you HAVE created, then that just sends the signal to the universe for more of that. Appreciation in any area of our life sets the stage for abundance to flow in all directions. The better you feel, the more good stuff you will attract into your experience.
And most of all, have fun and enjoy. We don’t get into a space of ninja manifesting by stressing, beating ourselves up or being overly rigid about things.
Love yourself more.
Ciao, fellow choice makers!
Quick video about choice strategy, what it is and why it benefits us. Choice strategy is all about being conscious of our choices and then using them to design a life we love—a life of health, prosperity, happiness and growth.
Our choices = our life. If we can learn how to be ninja choice makers, we can live life on our own terms. We can feel inspired, joyful, grounded and in our truths.
It’s the way to live. Say yes! Choose you and a life that has fullness and meaning.
Wherever you are, enjoy your day. Leave a comment, and let me know how you are choosing wiser to live larger.
I fess up. I am guilty of judging. I think we all do, or have at some point in our lives.
There is part of it that feels like a natural process of discovering what we want. It is how we are able to decide and CHOOSE what it is that we like, or dislike in life.
But when does a simple observation about something turn negative or harmful?
An observation turns to a negative judgment when we hold ourselves “above” another based on our observations. It is taking our observation of something or someone and labeling it as wrong, bad, morally corrupt, weak, lazy, and any other terms that might elicit a negative response or feeling.
Hmmmm . . . but isn’t there a tiny shred of value in that, at times?
Isn’t it a factual statement that a person that is honorable and does good things, is kind and considerate, is labeled as a “better” person than someone that is cruel, abusive and corrupt?
Isn’t that a judgment?
The entire concept of judgment seems to carry many mixed messages.
Who can, beyond a shadow of a doubt, prove that one persons version of “right” is more right than anothers?
Maybe right and wrong is just a personal thing and when we start to place our version of what we think is right or wrong on another—that is where the trouble begins.
As the saying goes, live and let live. Right?
But, that is one of those sayings that is easy to say and not so easy for most to live.
Why? Because most humans think that their way is the right way. So what is the solution?
The solution is to not be attached to our version of what is right and wrong. To not make others wrong for their beliefs. To let go of negative judgments and allow others to live their truths.
One smaller scale solution is to not beat ourselves up when we judge and seek discernment about it.
Only you can be the judge of when a mere observation turns into a negative for you.
One thing I ask myself when I find myself in judgment is I turn it around and ask myself if it’s something I really am judging about myself, or something I fear that others might judge me for.
Sometimes, judgment is the best form of self reflection. It’s the “when you point the finger, you have 3 pointing right back at you” concept.
Judging , in my opinion turns against us when we use it as an excuse to NOT be our best selves. When we hide behind it to stay stuck stay in our wounds, our false perceptions, and our weaknesses.
Perhaps by seeing contrasting things, or things we might label as wrong, negative or horrible, we are able to have more clarity and certainty about what we love. But it seem that a little bit of judgment seeps into that process.
I believe that we are here to enjoy life. To choose to remember our common bond that we all share, no matter what our perceived differences are—that we walk the same planet together. We all feel. We all breathe. We are all in this together, no matter what our differences.
Choose Love. Choose to let go of negative judgments that hold you back from being the best version of you. Choose to feel good, because that is what keeps you in a space of manifesting health, wealth, happiness and your desires.
Please leave a comment and let me know your take on judgment or observation. What do you think?
It’s not enough to just understand the concept of manifesting.
While it may be easy to understand—the hard part can be in the application of it. It can be exciting when we first learn about manifesting, what it is and what is possible with it.
But then we think we are doing what we are supposed to—yet the things we want, aren’t showing up.
When I first found out about manifesting, I remember feeling this renewed sense of hope.
I mean, how hard could it be, just feel better and think better thoughts and all the sudden I would have everything I wanted! It didn’t really turn out that way. Not for me at least.
I dont think it turns out that way for a lot of people, at least at first. Why is that?
Here are some of the biggest reasons why manifesting might not be working out for us:
- We are attached to the outcome. I know this seems counterintuitive, but it’s a big piece of the manifesting puzzle that is often left out. Attachment is not an expansive, allowing energy. Attachment has a clingy, needy, or negative energy associated with it. You can’t manifest something into your life with an energy of attachment. Rather, choose a joyful, excited, and knowing energy regarding your desire.
- We are attached to the timing. We think if they feel super good and think super positive thoughts for one month, after having a primarily negative pattern of thinking and feeling—that the magic should happen anyway. Or, that it should happen right when they want it to happen. Again, that is an attached energy. Most of the times that I have worked really hard at manifesting something, it doesn’t come to me. When I let go of the attachment to the timing, it almost always shows up, in one form or another.
- We aren’t really being honest about our true thoughts and feelings. This is such a subtle thing, but one of the biggest reasons people don’t experience results with manifesting. You have to get “saint- like” good at really understanding how you think and feel about your desires. This is where the conscious part of the manifesting puzzle comes in. In order to be good at getting what we want in life, be it material, spiritual or emotional, we have to be committed to knowing ourselves. That is the key. Know yourself, be honest about yourself, how you react, and how you really feel, down to every little belief you have.
- We aren’t adding action to the equation. As disappointing as it may be, most of us aren’t going to be able to manifest things out of thin air. Now, that’s not to say you can’t, it’s just not likely, given our years of programing and our belief systems. I do believe our biggest limitations are the thoughts we choose to think. So, if you truly believe you can manifesting things out of thin air, I do believe it’s possible for you.
- We are confused about the concept of attracting things to us based on our vibration. Like I said before, it’s not about being fake happy, or feeling good, but with there being guilt underneath that feeling. It takes a bit of pracitce and discernment to get really good at understanding how you truly feel or think about something. We might think we are really positive about a certain topic, but underneath that is a dominant pattern of negative thought. We might have just had it for so long, that we don’t really recognize the effect it is having on our energy.
- We don’t really think it works! If you don’t think manifesting will work, then it wont work for you. But even if you don’t really feel like it will work, what is the harm in learning to get really good about the energy you put out into the world. The least you will get, is to feel really good and make the world a better place!
- We aren’t spending enough time really being specific enough about our desire. It’s super important to be really specific and detailed about what you want. How will it feel? How will it look? Get detailed. Get into the dream, then let it go.
- We are trying to force something to happen. It is not an authentic desire. Again, this goes back to an energy of forcing, not allowing. It is important to distinguish an authentic desire over one that might come from a place of “shoulda, woulda, coulda” energy.
- We are not consistent enough with our energy. There are too many ups and downs rather than a consistent pattern of thoughts and feelings. Consistency is key.
Manifesting is really about learning who we are. It’s about really taking a look at our results in life, what we are creating and then being brutally honest about it. But brutal, with love mixed in there!
If we keep creating a pattern, then it’s probably a good idea to take a look at how we might be attracting that situation into our lives. Blaming others does not work.
Is it always easy? No! But in my honest opinion, neither is the flip side.
I would rather go through the uncomfortable and awkward experience of finding out why I might be creating something negative in my life, and then transcend and heal that, then continuing to live in the shadows.
No one said the path to becoming the best version of ourselves is always easy, but it does feel good when those life goodies show up. Understanding the concept isn’t enough, if you want real changes—we’ve got to walk our talk.
If you want success, health, prosperity and growth in this life, you need to get dialed in with your manifesting skills—and use them.
Enjoy your day, you evening, your month + your life!
Please leave a comment and let me know how this is showing up for you in your life right now. Are you off, or on with manifesting?
What the heck am I talking about?
Choose your art, means to choose that thing (or things) that light your fire.
Art is about creativity, expression, freedom to be who we are and it’s about our truths.
Do you remember finger painting or doing something super creative as a kid. . . and how fun it was? Or maybe your art was sports, or building forts, or maybe it was reading. We all have, or have had something that is our art, our play, our free space, our creative fire.
Our Art = Our Passions in life.
Your art is that thing you would do, no matter what. It’s that thing that makes you feel grounded, excited, and happy.
It just feels like you.
What if our “work” was our art? What if our life was our art?
What if we viewed our time here as our canvas and that what it all came down to was what we decided, or CHOSE to put on that canvas.
This is just another way of saying—you are the creator of your life. You are the artist.
Our art, our freedom, our happiness, our success, our health, wealth and whatever it is that we choose to manifest in our lives comes down to, primarily, the choices we make.
Your choices = your life. Your choices are intricately connected to what you consciously get (or manifest) in life.
To be a successful student of the art of manifesting, you need to be a successful student of the art of making conscious choices.
If you choose your art, or that which turns you on and connects you to your most true self, then you are on the path to being a ninja manifestor and master of your choices.
The truth is—it isn’t a lack of information available to us. We are all “choiced out.” In other words, we really do have too may choices. Learning to choose the ones that feel like your art, feel expansive, freeing and enjoyable, is the key to prosperity, health, love and true joy.
Choose your art to choose your desired quality of life.
Your life is truly YOUR canvas.
Enjoy creating your masterpiece!!!
Please share your comments below! Let me know what YOUR art is! What is that things that just makes you feel super alive? I want to know!