The three M’s . . .
These are a few of my favorite topics. It didn’t used to be that way though.
My relationship with money has not always been so rosy. I had never really felt authentically in touch with money, until I really understood and practiced the art of manifesting.
I think the topic of money is a touchy subject for most people.
We can begin to shift our relationship with money by using the power of manifesting.
Most people view money as hard to come by, hard to earn and somewhat untouchable.
There is a common viewpoint that it just takes something special to be comfortable financially. There is also the common belief that you really have to struggle and work super hard for many years to be able to have and keep a substantial amount of money.
Why is that and how can we change that?
Our main beliefs about money, and anything for that matter are a large result of where we are raised, who raised us and our primary social beliefs about money. And whatever we believe about money, is what we will attract. A belief is just a thought about something that we choose to believe as true. We choose to accept it as the truth.
What we choose to believe, think and feel = our reality (for the most part).
What if we were all raised to believe that money was easy to make, easy to come by and enjoyable! What if our primary beliefs about money were positive? Think there would be less poverty and more abundance?
You see, manifesting is simply the art of lining up our energy (our feelings, thoughts, beliefs + actions) to be a match to what we desire. So, if we want more money in our lives, we have to change the way we think, feel and relate to money.
If we think money is bad, and that is is morally wrong to have too much of it, then chances are, we will never attract much of it. What we think (primarily) and what we get, are most often, an energetic match.
Now, there are exceptions and there are situations when it appears someone has positive beliefs about money and they they have some sort of crisis about it.
For example, I studied and practiced the law of attraction and manifesting for many years. We were doing really well financially and then our world collapsed with the 2007-08 US financial downturn. I was in shock and disbelief. How could this happen? I had really positive beliefs about money.
Or did I?
When I was honest with myself, I discovered that my deep seated beliefs about prosperity, were not so positive. I had a great deal of fear about losing the money we had. And guess what, we lost it.
I knew that if I wanted to have an honest and healthy relationship with money, I needed to choose to think and feel differently about it.
The good news is that in a matter of 12 months, we got it all back, and then some. Along with the prosperity piece of it, came a sense of knowing and faith that prosperity would always be in our lives. And, it just keeps getting better.
I know that money does not buy happiness, but it can ease a lot of struggles. Money is definitely not the means to happiness and it can make our lives more comfortable and enjoyable if we have a healthy relationship with it.
Here are 4 simple coaching strategies that I use to help people get started with improving their relationship with money.
- Mediate about money. I am serious. I used to strongly dislike meditating (all that sitting around was so boring and unproductive), but it has been the most MASSIVE gift. Meditating quiets the brain so we can actually feel. In order to shift our relationship with money, we have to understand how we really feel about it. Our feelings are our strongest indicators of our true beliefs….always.
- Once you have identified your primary feelings and thoughts about money—write them down. Get really conscious about these feelings and beliefs.
- Pick the ones you really want to tackle and shift. Be realistic. Choose the ones you really believe you can change. If you think this is dumb, or unreachable, it won’t work. To change it, you have to at least believe it a little bit.
- Now create a little mantra or meditation around those unwanted beliefs and affirm to yourself and the universe that they no longer serve you and you desire to replace them with positive, affirming money beliefs. I know this can seem a bit woo-woo, but its important to choose to let those beliefs go. It can go something like this ” I choose to let go of these beliefs that no longer serve me” or ” I no longer choose to believe that making money is hard or that having money is evil.” Now believe that your choice to let it go is being answered. Believe it. Know it. Feel it.
- Now create a new list of positive thoughts and feelings about money. These will replace the ones you just let go of! If you can’t think of anything, just create a list of a few things you can do that you enjoy, and that raise your vibration. Do these things when you are having those negative money feelings come up, just acknowledge they are there and then get in a good feeling place. Feeling good is the key to being a manifesting ninja (plus the action part!!!)
Commit to this for at least 2 weeks. Do your best. We didn’t develop our negative beliefs overnight, so be easy on yourself, but know that it can and will shift if you commit and believe that it will.
Remember, creating what you want in life starts with a choice. Creating the exact wealth you want, starts with a choice.