Bored? Like no one is listening? Like you are writing your blog posts for yourself, or that it just isn’t lighting your fire anymore?
How about those of you who are browsers of blogs—what keeps you going back? What keeps you away? What keeps you interested or enthralled?
How do we, as online entrepreneurs and coaches—turn browsers into believers and/or buyers?
Here are 6 tips to keep your blog posts interesting and producing results (because there is little point in doing it if we aren’t getting the results we desire).
- Choose a topic or subject that you are genuinely interested in and know well. You can’t keep yourself or others interested and coming back to your blog if you aren’t 100% confident in your topic. You are the expert, you are the content creator, so make it matter. Even if it’s a topic that isn’t totally related to your expertise, make sure you have done your research on it before you write about it or review it.
- Choose a unique way to present it! Instead of just creating a blog post, maybe do a weekly vlog to mix it up. Many successful online entrepreneurs have moved to a combination of blogging and vlogging. Be unique and true to you! This isn’t about copying others out there. It’s about finding your unique way to present it. Use a combination of inspiration and information.
- Create a clear plan and vision for your blog/vlog. Create a regular schedule, and then do your best to stick with it.
- Analyze your content and see what’s creating a buzz and what’s not. What blog posts are getting more comments and responses? Consider creating similar or related content for your more popular posts.
- Ask! Ask you subscribers what they like and don’t like. What’s useful and whats not so useful? You can use something like survey monkey to create a quick survey and send it out to your list.
- Don’t become a slave to it. The purpose of having a blog is to engage, educate and inspire your audience. If you aren’t accomplishing those things—switch it up. There is no point in doing the same thing over and over again if it’s not getting you closer to what you want and making you feel good. There is no point in spending time creating blog posts each week if it feeels like a drain. Use your imagination. Get creative with it!
Creating useful, interesting, juicy content is the thing that will turn our browsers into believers…and then potential buyers. But in this land of information overload, you have to find a way to deliver content that is practical and purposeful. Blogs and vlogs are how we connect with our peeps. It’s how we build trust and showcase our expertise.
If we aren’t into it, our readers aren’t gonna feel it either.
If you aren’t offering a little more than just information—then your readers (or watchers) will get bored….and so will you.
What does this have to do with choosing wiser and living larger?
If we want success, happiness, health, growth—all those good things—then we need to infuse passion and our authenticity into every aspect of our lives. That includes our business, our products, our blog posts . . . all of it! And for the blog/vlog readers—it’s important for you to spend your time reading and watching things that really do it for you! No more wasting time on things that don’t truly serve us.
An amazing life and business is really just a choice away. Learning how to really listen to who we are, what we desire and then going for it, is the key to living a powerful, passion filled life. It’s the key to manifesting a life of health, prosperity and happiness.