—Neale Donald Walsch
Just because we “get” something intellectually doesn’t mean we truly believe it or think it’s possible for us.
And even if we get it intellectually, AND believe it—sometimes we forget to practice it or implement into our lives.
Can you relate?
I was reminded of this very glaringly this weekend when I returned from a life changing trip to San Diego.
This trip was a reunion with some very powerful women. Women who are movers and shakers in their careers, families, communities and spiritual lives.
We laughed, cried, journaled, set powerful intentions and generally fit about 2 years of deep personal work in 4 days.
In a nutshell—we moved some mountains.
But I didn’t realize how truly transformational it was until I got home and started seeing the power of intention already working miracles in my life.
And not just my life—but those closest to me as well.
I won’t get into the nitty- gritty of the miracles that unfolded, but suffice to say that it was a massive, miraculous shift : )
The powerful intentions I set while in San Diego had already begun shifting things in a matter of days.
So what the heck is an intention and how can you get moving on it so YOU can move a few mountains yourself (or at the very least create change)?
A standard, text book definition of an intention is this—
- A thing intended; an aim or plan.
But a more fitting definition from a manifesting perspective would be—
- An intention is a desire, dream or goal that you passionately envision creating in your life. It’s something that you may not physically see evidence of right now, but through creating a detailed vision about what you want—you create an energy which open doors to making it real. It’s the process of turning a dream into reality.
For example—it’s creating a “day-dream” or written statment about what your soul mate is like—right down to every last detail. What color is his hair? What clothes is he wearing when you first meet him? Color of his eyes? The tone of his voice. The way you feel when he looks at you.
It can be a written story or internal vision you create about all the wealth you have—even though your checking account says otherwise.
It’s confidence in knowing what you want is on it’s way—even though you may not see evidence of it.
But how do you get yourself to feel something or envision something so clearly when it feels forced, faked or fabricated?
Here are a few things that you can implement right away that can help you with this—
- First off—change the perspective on it being fake, forced or fabricated. Have fun with it and approach it with a youthful, curious mindset. Do young kids feel bad about daydreaming? Be a kid about it. Dream away.
- See it as a gift—you have creative control in your life and can have a HUGE impact on what happens by choosing to focus on what you want, rather than seeing what you don’t want (advanced manifesting topic which I will cover in an upcoming mini course)
- Place the focus on what it feels like to ALREADY HAVE that thing in your life. Stay with that feeling.
Intentionsetting also has an element of letting go which is critical to getting the results you want.
Many people are actually better at this than they think, but they have unconscious, self sabotaging energy and beliefs that chase away the dream that showed up for them (more on this in the next broadcast : )
Intention setting—when done right—is another powerful tool in your arsenal for living a good life.
And who doesn’t want to have a life where you actually get to live your dreams, rather than just dreaming them?
It’s even better than moving mountains.
Your turn now. What’s your relationship with intention setting? Is it something you’re doing? A little, a lot, not at all? I’d love to know.
Sometimes life just gets messy (as in red-hot mess, messy)
- Why are we even here if it’s such a struggle?
- Why do we get on such a great life high— only to have shitty things happen?
- Why cant it just be easier?
- Why are people so insensitive (or worse)?
- Why can’t we all just be born with lasting heath, endless supplies of money and unquestionable values, morals and common sense?
- You can see every problem a gift. You can see perceived problems as beautiful opportunities for an even deeper sense of acceptance, love and faith. You can see your health issues, your money issue, and your relationship issues—as a great big chance to get super honest and real about what you are truly feeling and thinking in life. It’s a chance to be 100% accountable for your energy.
- Or there’s always choice two. Choice two is to stay stuck, give into the problem, believe it and go down the rabbit hole of despair, disease, distrust and fear. Choice two is the one that perpetuates the lie that we are powerless. Choice two, if we don’t learn from it and turn it from foe to friend—is the one that can wreak havoc on your otherwise incredible life. This choice moves you further away from the life you want. It’s simply the choice to survive (or nose dive) get by, exist and feel more as a victim in life.
Excellence is a habit, just as much as a lack of excellence is a habit.
But what is excellence?
In my world, which is a world based on a strong connection to the divine (God, Source, Spirit, whatever word you choose)—excellence isn’t so much about the stuff you have, the letters after your name, or the tax bracket you are in.
And it is for sure not about being perfect.
It’s about the quality of life you have.
Excellence (in The 2 Choices world)—is about how you feel and how connected and in love with life that you are. It’s also about feeling a sense of inner success—that you’re on track, pointed in the right direction and feeling generally super ON FIRE about your life.
It’s about your evolution, and your overall energetic offering to the world.
Yep–it’s about energy.
And yep—it’s about the CHOICE to do things in a way that get your energy up**, so you can attract more divine gifts (quality food, nice things, luxury, travel, love, health, joy, harmony).
Excellence is a habit. Happiness is a habit. Success and living lives that really feel good—are all habits.
And habits are a choice. And if you’ve been following me for anytime at all—you know I am all about the power of choice.
If we truly desire to change any little or big thing in our life—and create a sense of excellence—we need to choose it.
And then choose it over and over and over again (create a habit out of it).
Yes, Aristotle is spot on—excellence is a habit. And I may add to that—
Excellence is a choice.
The following list is what I personally follow on a day to day basis that has turned my life around—180 degrees.
And I say this with a sense of humility, grace and gratitude.
There is no chest pounding here.
It’s an honest soul share—from me to you.
I was broke and broken. I was confused, sad and angry. I felt lost and bored with my life.
And then I found a way out. That way out (and through) has gifted me with—world travel, incredible personal and professional relationships, peak health, financial abundance, real joy, and a deep sense of gratitude. .
I want everyone to feel this way.
The list . . . 11 Daily Habits to Create Excellence
Creating your own unique personal excellence routine is one of the most amazing forms of self love and self care that you can gift to yourself. I fully encourage you to use the one I created, or come up with your own!
Just as we get into habits that don’t support our dreams and desires and life—we can create new habits that do support what we want. And in the end—it is a choice.
If anything, remember that each day, how you live your life—is a gift and a choice.
I sincerely hope you choose to love the heck out of each day.
p.s. I will be in Paris, Provence and Rome this May-June, scouting for retreat locations, book business + to follow through with a spiritual calling that has been growing stronger and stronger (it has to do with Mary Magdalene). Excited to share this next evolution with you all.
**up also meaning aligned, pure and free of mixed vibrations or energy frequencies.
If I stumbled across this heading, I would probably be like . . . no way!
Get outta here. Only two?
No one is gonna tell me I only have two choices! I mean come on, we live for our choices, don’t we?
We live for having many choices.
It’s what makes us feel free.
There is something quite expansive about knowing you can choose many different things.
And there is also the flip side, which I know you have most likely felt—that sometimes it feels like there are TOO MANY CHOICES.
I call it choice overload.
It’s when we get that deer in headlights sensation—when it is just too much, too many, overload to the senses.
So, yes, on one hand having many choices can be a great thing, and on the other hand—it can be counterproductive.
Having too many choices actually holds us back when it creates that sense of being overwhelmed and also when having too many choices creates an inability to make conscious, grounded choices.
So, whats an inquiring mind to do?
If you are, like me, I want to have the best possible life that I can. I want to feel free, happy and alive. I want to feel peace, harmony and abundance. I desire travel, good food, happy people around me and I desire things in my life to just be super dialed in.
Don’t you want a life that lights you up? Where you are excited about each day.
Thrilled. Magical. Sizzling.
Harmonious + Free.
Prosperity? Yes. LOVE? YES PLEASE!
Success on your own terms? Absolutely.
Can you relate to this?
Can you relate to wanting to be super in sync with your life? To know and feel such a deep sense of truth, that there is just no doubt.
No doubt that you are on track—in your zone. And If you are a spiritual person (or faith based ) then you also want to feel a sense of being connected with your higher truth, your larger vision and your God, your Source.
This is truly when the magic happens.
I believe, that when we get to this place—this is when the miracles really start to show up for us.
And having these things show up in our lives (or not show up) is a choice.
When it comes right down to the nitty gritty of living blissful, connected lives—you have two choices.
You get to choose one path—which is a set of beliefs, feelings and general ways of being in the world—that line up with and support your dreams and desires.
Or you have the second choice—which is to think, feel and act in ways that don’t support you.
Two choices (which really encompass many different choices) but can all be narrowed down to either things that support your divine path, or they don’t.
You are choosing love, joy, happiness, optimism, connecting, awareness, gratitude, appreciation, faith, surrender–things that get you energetically lined up for success.
Or, you are choosing blame, guilt, hate, anger, victimhood, unconsciousness, self-hatred, self-sabotage—you are choosing things that you know, on some level—are holding you back from your greatness.
Two choices—to be in your zone of creating what you want, or to be in your zone of creating what you don’t want.
You get to choose. That is the brilliant thing about it all.
ps Find out more about these 2 choices and what they can do for you. Get my bestselling book, The 2 Choices on Amazon right here.
There is so much going on and the word “busy” has become the new anthem or badge of honor in our society. How many times do you hear from people how busy they are? More often than not, I am guessing.
We are all so busy. Busy, busy, busy. It’s almost like a sickness or something.
I mean I get the reality, that we all are truly busy! We have kids, jobs, to-do’s etc.… Trust me, I get it.
The busy I am referring to, is like we go on autopilot and shut off. It’s that busy that feels disconnected, rushed and without a sense of meaning. It’s like we bounce from thing to thing and don’t really get anywhere.
Sometimes it feels to me, like if we aren’t busy, or don’t feel busy, then it’s almost like we don’t feel useful or productive. What will people think of me if I am not busy? If I don’t have a big to-do list? If I have idle time? OMG, idle time? But isn’t that lazy, unproductive and useless?
No, not at all.
I am here to tell you that the EXACT thing you must do, if you want sanity, clarity, health, joy and increased personal success in your life—is to choose to take quality down time in your life.
Here are a few guidelines to consider when choosing your down time.
- Commit to at least one hour of down time a day.
- Eliminate distractions! During this time, shut off your phone, don’t be on the computer and make this YOUR TIME.
- Create a sacred ritual for your down time. Walk in nature, have a connecting talk with someone, meditate, do a yoga class . . anything that gets you feeling relaxed and more connected to you. This is not a time to cross something off your list. This is time for you to make a commitment to stop being busy and start being present in your life.
- Consistency. If this is just another thing you read and don’t actually implement, then there is no point. If you truly want to feel better, be healthier, wealthier and happier, then it’s critical to get off the busy-mobile and on the feel good bus. Feeling good raises your vibration and attracts more good things into your life. It’s universal law.
- Honor yourself. You are worth one hour a day! And if one hour is too big of a stretch, then start with 30 minutes. The point is to get in the habit of slowing down and being centered. The point is to be able to get quiet and still enough to hear yourself through all the self imposed “noise” that we create in our lives through being busy.
Learning to stop the habitual choice to be busy, is a critical step in really learning to master your life and your choices. Once you make a commitment to slowing down and savoring your down time, you will start to notice something. You will start to feel again. You will start to have ideas and more energy. You will get clarity about problems. You will feel a sense of freedom and lightness. You will attract more wanted things in your life.
If you want to live a truly satisfying life–one with peak health, success, love and happiness—you will need to make it a point to slow down, enjoy and go within on a consistent basis. This always works for me and it when I forget to take this down time, I get a very quick reminder. Things start to feel out of sync when I forget to commit to choosing me.
We are meant to enjoy—not spend it being asleep in a state of busy-ness. So take time for you slow down and savor your life.
I am gonna go chill out..