Enjoy my first in a series of interviews with people I love and admire in the coaching, writing and entrepreneurial world.
We will chat about life, our businesses and family and of course how these great minds use the power of choice to create amazing lives.
My first guest is Jan Hoath of Nurture The Leader. She is a leadership coach and is doing amazing work to empower women to step into leadership roles in a conscious, authentic way.
Check out the interview here!
Ok, I am just kidding . . . sort of! If you truly desire six pack abs, loads of cash and a Brazillian butt—it’s possible.
Anything (nearly) is possible when we CHOOSE to believe it’s possible.
As the great Napleon Hill stated so eloquently, “There are no limitations to the mind except those that we acknowledge.”
Unfortunately, most people aren’t aware that their thoughts, beliefs and feelings are the biggest limiting factor in their lives. They are unconscious of the impact of CHOICE.
I know this may trigger the (bleep) out of many people, but we CHOOSE our health, our wealth and our success, or lack thereof.
We choose these things based on our choice of thoughts and our choice of feelings. These things are the vibration and energy we offer to the world, and it’s what we will get in return.
Simply—choose to believe that the economy has a direct impact on your life, and there is little or nothing you can do about it—you will be at its mercy. You will create “proof” that it impacts your life. You may say, “OMG, Carrie, it’s REALITY! It’s a reality that the economy has an effect on my life. Just look at the proof!”
I say, (bleep) reality and CHOOSE your own reality—if you don’t like the one you are CHOOSING to see.
We can impact anything—yes, ANYTHING—with the power of choice. It’s how we manifest. It’s how we manifest the success we desire, the love we desire, the prosperity we dream of and the health we want to feel.
Manifesting is about harnessing our little brains into CHOOSING thoughts, beliefs and feelings that are in alignment with what we desire.
Learning the secrets to being a dialed-in choice maker is the missing ingredient for most people. It’s what separates those who have it (success, health, wealth, happiness) from those who don’t.
No, it’s not luck.
People who have amazing lives have made different choices. There is an art to the power of choice. An art that can get you on the fast track to your desired life—if you choose it.
3 key thing to remember, remember and remember at all times:
- YOU ARE THE CREATOR OF YOUR REALITY.
- YOUR CHOICES = YOUR LIFE.
- YOU CAN CHANGE, GET, HAVE ANYTHING (depending on your belief system) WITH THE POWER OF CHOICE + LEARNING HOW TO USE IT TO MANIFEST WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE.
Learning how to manifest, really manifest, is like winning the life lottery.
So, join me in claiming your life lottery!
Let me know what you plan on choosing in 2014. Leave your comment below, and share the love.
I LOVE coaching + guiding people, choice by choice, to lives of happiness + success. Get in touch, and let’s turn you into a manifesting ninja!
Love and blessings,
Today is December 1st, and we all know what that means!!!
The Holiday season is upon us. For some of us, that brings up feelings of joy. For others, well . . . not so much.
The Holidays can be stressful, so I created a list of things I personally use to make sure it’s a holiday full of good things, not stress and struggle.
Here you go, enjoy and Happy Holidays to you all!
- First off, set your intention or theme for the month. Choose your theme from a quiet space. Take 10 minutes to meditate or get grounded and choose the first thing that comes into your mind. Don’t overthink it, just pick something…you can always change it. You can even have your theme/intention be different each week. Just be conscious about the overall feeling and vibe you want to carry with you throughout the month.
- Write down your theme for the month and place it where you can visibly see it. It’s important to create a visual link to your theme, so it becomes part of your conscious awareness each day. If you are artsy, create a “vision board” that represents your theme for the month. Choose how you want it to look. If you don’t have time for a vision board and if you don’t feel you need to write it down and keep it visible— fine! Just choose to be clear about it and remind yourself of it daily.
- Create your holiday schedule. Know what you need to do when, so there are no last minute stressors. As the saying goes ” fail to plan, plan to fail.” Just approach this month from an organized, relaxed space. You can CHOOSE to do it differently. You don’t have to say “yes” to every invitation. Say YES to having a joy-filled holiday. If that means creating healthy boundaries, so you’re not running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off, then do it. Choose you this season—it will make the giving and choosing others part of it feel much more genuine.
- Start each morning in silent meditation or prayer. This is when we solidify our theme for the month. This is when we bring our theme into our awareness and start our days from a conscious, relaxed, grounded place. My personal morning meditation is a Kundalini yoga mantra that I learned from Gabrielle Bernstein. It’s specfically for prosperity—
- Light a candle. If you don’t personally line up with Kundalini yoga, another great way to start your morning is to keep a candle next to your bed and rather than starting the day turning on a light—light a candle instead! I LOVE doing this. Even if I only have 10 minutes, I light my candle, do my meditation for 3-11 minutes and I am on my way.
- Another substitution for Kundalini is just your own personal prayer. This is just about connecting with your intention first thing in the day and also connecting to you version or spirit, God, whatever that is for you. Again, keep it simple—create something that works for you. My personal mantra that I created for myself and that is part of my book, The 2 Choices, is listed below.
- Write. Journal. Keep a notebook handy and start and/or end the day by journaling. Even if it’s just 3-4 sentences This is one of the best forms of therapy and a great way to decompress and get in touch with what’s going on with you.
- Another one of my favorite meditation CDs/audios is Abraham-Hicks, “Getting into the Vortex.” I mostly listen to this one at night, but find what works for you!
- Last, but not least—SLOW DOWN. Slow down and enjoy being with your family and friends. Don’t force yourself into the mobs of shoppers and last minute manic shopping. Choose to slow down and savor it. Do we really need more? How about being happy with what we have and truly appreciating it. Whatever your theme(s) are for the month, choose to honor it. Choose to make it just how you want to make it.
Feel free to print this list, and highlight the things that work for you. You can use this, obviously, any time of the year. Taking time to create a conscious, focused, clear plan for your days, your weeks, your months and so on—is the key to manifesting whatever you want in your life.
Manifesting success, health, money + happiness is just about being super conscious with our choices.
Enjoy, blessing and please leave a comment below and let me know what your theme is for the month!
My personal mantra for changing my vibration—fast.
The 2 Choices Mantra:
Right now, I have two choices. One will get me more in alignment with things I desire and the other will move me away from it. This ability to choose is a gift and my source of passion, connection and power.
What the heck am I talking about?
Choose your art, means to choose that thing (or things) that light your fire.
Art is about creativity, expression, freedom to be who we are and it’s about our truths.
Do you remember finger painting or doing something super creative as a kid. . . and how fun it was? Or maybe your art was sports, or building forts, or maybe it was reading. We all have, or have had something that is our art, our play, our free space, our creative fire.
Our Art = Our Passions in life.
Your art is that thing you would do, no matter what. It’s that thing that makes you feel grounded, excited, and happy.
It just feels like you.
What if our “work” was our art? What if our life was our art?
What if we viewed our time here as our canvas and that what it all came down to was what we decided, or CHOSE to put on that canvas.
This is just another way of saying—you are the creator of your life. You are the artist.
Our art, our freedom, our happiness, our success, our health, wealth and whatever it is that we choose to manifest in our lives comes down to, primarily, the choices we make.
Your choices = your life. Your choices are intricately connected to what you consciously get (or manifest) in life.
To be a successful student of the art of manifesting, you need to be a successful student of the art of making conscious choices.
If you choose your art, or that which turns you on and connects you to your most true self, then you are on the path to being a ninja manifestor and master of your choices.
The truth is—it isn’t a lack of information available to us. We are all “choiced out.” In other words, we really do have too may choices. Learning to choose the ones that feel like your art, feel expansive, freeing and enjoyable, is the key to prosperity, health, love and true joy.
Choose your art to choose your desired quality of life.
Your life is truly YOUR canvas.
Enjoy creating your masterpiece!!!
Please share your comments below! Let me know what YOUR art is! What is that things that just makes you feel super alive? I want to know!
Success. It’s a choice, believe it or not.
The believing part is actually one of the biggest secrets to finding, having , keeping and enjoying success . . . more on that later.
What is success?
Is it money, fame, six pack abs, world travel, a large house, a walk in closet full of shoes (yes!) or is it the love of your life, happiness, feeling connected to your truth, being with friends and family (YES!), or peak health?
Maybe its a combination of those things for you.
To truly achieve success, you first have to define what it means for you.
Success is personal. You define it. Not society, your friends, your parents, not even wikipedia.
Success isn’t some far away, unreachable thing. It is closer than you think. It is as close, or far away as you make it.
It is a choice, as are most things in life.
You choose your thoughts and feelings about success. You choose your thoughts and feelings about anything, actually.
No one forces you to think a certain way.
The reason why many people think being successful is out of reach is primarily because of the beliefs they hold about success.
Yes, there are those that simply don’t want to do the work. But there are also those that don’t choose to do the work because they feel it will be too hard, too much struggle and discomfort.
Do you enjoy doing something when your dominant feeling about it is that it’s going to be super difficult or painful even? Not me.
What if we started to view success as a gift? What if we saw success as our personal road to evolving, stepping into our power, our dreams and our desires? Rather than the dominant viewpoint that its a massive struggle?
Change the thought, to change the thing.
We are so programmed to think it’s hard to get what we want.
How about replacing that with the thought that achieving your definition of success is possible, is within reach and isn’t a brutal experience of difficulty, struggle and pain?
I was talking to a good friend about this recently and they said “It’s hard to be successful, that’s why there isn’t lot of competition, its just too hard for most people.”
I get that, but in all honesty, is the alternative any easier?
Is the alternative of just giving up on what you want easy? Is it easy to settle? Is it easy to try to convince yourself you are happy when you really aren’t? Is it easy to struggle to pay bills? is it easy to have broken relationships? A broken heart?
How about starting to believe that it might just be possible to be successful, on your terms. Or, replace the word “success’ with any word—health, wealth, happiness, consciousness, or connection to truth.
It really comes down to a choice of what you think and feel. Choose successful thoughts to get a successful life.
Leave a comment and let me know what the one thing is that you want to change, or shift in order to feel more successful in your life! I want to know.
Action steps—write these down, journal about it. Get it on paper!!
- What is your definition of success?
- What is the one biggest thing you want to work on, right now, that would make you feel more successful?
- What is one thing you can do in the next week to get that ball rolling?
The believing part. To have anything, we first have to believe it is possible. If you want success, it starts with seeing it, believing it, knowing that you can have it, and being unwavering in that.
Commit to 15 minutes a day, at least 3 days a week, to meditating (or sitting quietly, if the idea of meditation makes you squirm) and focus on just being still, seeing this one thing you are wanting to shift, that will make you feel more successful, as already existing. See yourself as already having this thing that makes you feel successful. See it. Feel it. Know it.
You got this.
Last week I talked about hiring a coach or mentor to up level your life and business. Now that you have that perfect coach or mentor, we need to chat a little bit about the copycat syndrome.
As I am sure you can gather from the name, the copycat syndrome, is when, well . . . we copy people in our life or business.
Now why the heck would we do such a thing?
Gosh, we just found this dreamy coach that has this dialed in message, they have this unbelievable brand and clearly they have it all figured out. And you say, “ I want what they have! If I just do what they are doing, I will get their results! Right?”
Wrong! Well, partially wrong.
It’s not that simple. I mean, yes, there are obviously things you might want to consider copying or maybe a better word would be following—like advice on how to market, the practical how-to stuff of running a business or amazing life.
But what I am not talking about is copying websites, content, their personal style, their wording, their programs or offerings—or their ideas.
We’ve all heard the saying “Imitation is the highest form of flattery” but is it really?
Marketing ideas, branding ideas, things to help with the logistical aspects of running a business or having a masterful life. Yes, take that advice and integrate it into your life, but done be a copycat.
It screams that you don’t truly believe in you.
Here are some things to consider in regards to not falling into the copycat syndrome:
- Make your business + life your own. Your authenticity (or being real) is what will attract people and it’s what will make you stand out in the sea of online gurus, marketers and entrepreneurs. Copying someone else’s deal with only drive people away from you. Plus, it’s just lame.
- Its’ most easy to fall into this trap when you aren’t feeling confident, feeling a bit lost in your life and business or are just getting started in a new venture. So, remember to choose you. Choose self-care, tuning everything else out and just BEING with you. Meditate. Find yourself damnit!
- Remember to notice what you like about others and then find your unique spin on it. For example, say you really like how a coach does mostly online videos rather than blog posts. You prefer that too. You notice that they do a weekly Q and A, or something like that. DON’T copy their mannerisms or their format—do something really YOU.
- What do you love? What do people seek you out for? What would you do regardless if people paid you for it, or even knew about it? Music? Art? Cooking? Jokes? What makes you special? Capitalize on your gifts, your strengths and your passions. Use it. Find an interesting way to incorporate that into your business.
- I have found in my life and coaching business, that we people are in that “ I don’t know, I can’t figure it out, I am not sure” phase, that what they are really saying is that they are out of touch with what they want and out of touch with themselves. If you feel that way often, then I would get coaching on exactly that topic. It is beyond liberating to break free of that tormenting voice of “I don’t know.” Because the truth is—you do know.
- Take a break from everyone else’s newsletters, suggestions and idea for awhile. Get off the guru hopping! If you really can’t access YOUR voice, you need to tune the other ones out for a while to find YOU in there. Give it a break. Choose to find you by stepping away from all the other information.
In some respects, most everything is recycled information. Someone just finds a way to put his or her unique spin on it.
So, I understand that it can be hard to avoid the copycat syndrome in some respects. Sometimes it happens and people don’t even realize it, but mostly, it happens because we aren’t listening to our truths, our voices, our passions + inner fire.
Being successful in life or in your business is about being successful with you. You come first.
Being real is about being you, not about trying to be like someone else—that’s already being done. Be you, 100%, homegrown organic. That is what people are going to find the most charismatic, alluring and well, real.
Merci et xxoo
Carrie Jolie Dale