Any trip to the Department of Motor Vehicles will leave any person asking themselves, “what the (bleep) happened to social etiquette?”
Or, is it just me? I was recently at the DMV and was a bit grossed out by people sneezing very near me and several VERY loudly talking cell phone users.
What does this have to do with choosing our way to our desires, living a conscious life and being manifesting ninjas, you ask?
How does social etiquette relate to having the health, success and happiness we desire?
It circles back to those things because social etiquette, and being conscious and considerate of others, is a choice. And if we aren’t being conscious out in the world and in our lives, we will most likely attract that energy back to us.
Some would say that if we experience rude or impolite people on a regular basis, we may want to look at how we may be showing up in an unconscious way in our own lives.
Even if it’s being unconscious to our own body by eating food that doesn’t serve us, or silently harboring negative energy towards someone. Just because it’s silent to them doesn’t mean it’s silent to the universe.
Sometimes I find all of this easy to believe (when it isn’t me getting the karmic 2 x 4 upside the head), and other times I brush it off a bit too easily. Who me? No way!
It’s the common trap of believing in certain things, but then not applying them in our own lives.
That’s not how it works though.
We don’t get to believe in these spiritual laws only when they serve our agenda..…often an agenda of not wanting to look at our own negative patterns.
If we expect money and wealth, we will get it. If we expect lack of health, we will get it. If we expect happiness in our lives, then we will get it.
I am being totally transparent here. I make mistakes. Being conscious is about owning our mistakes and owning what we are experiencing in life.
I may not be out sneezing on people in public, or loudly talking on my cell phone in the DMV or other public places, but what I noticed is that I was having a strong reaction to these people. I was also having a strong reaction to drivers. My energy was not calm, clear or grounded when I got in the car. My energy was a bit expectant of sharing the road with bad drivers. So guess what I manifested?
People not using their turn signals. People on their cell phones while driving. People driving way too slow. People always seeming to be asleep while driving.
I had developed a mild case of road rage, and that is why I was attracting these negative situations in my life. I was being annoyed and then judgmental about fellow drivers and expecting rude, unconscious behavior from them. So, that’s what I got!
Once I became aware of this, I shifted my energy and shifted attracting things or people to be annoyed with.
The universe delivers what we expect. It may not come in the exact package we expect, but we will receive a similiar energy back.
That is why it’s so important to be aware of what’s happening around us.
What are we attracting? What beliefs are we consiously aware of? What beliefs are under the surface?
Getting clear about how you really, really, truly feel about things is the first and most important part in learning to create your dream life with the power of choice + manifesting.
The power to choose how we react, what we think, how we feel and what we choose to focus on is the very thing that will help us attract health, wealth, success and happiness in our lives.
What do you expect in your life? Do you see a direct correlation between what you expect and what you create? Let me know. I love hearing from you!! Leave a comment and let me know if you relate to this and how you see it showing up in your life.
Ciao for now!
Yes please, I will take that! How about you?
Are you on board to make more (money, happiness + dreams come true), play more and work less?
Who wouldn’t want this? Isn’t this the ultimate definition of success?
And the honest to goodness truth, for me, is that I LOVE my work so much, that it feels like play to me. I found a way to turn my work into something I love and enjoy rather than a “have to,” a bummer or a disconnect from my bigger truth.
It didn’t used to be this way though. . .
I felt I had to sacrifice, struggle and do things that didn’t really turn me on in order to make it.
And I was miserable, disconnected, bored and dead inside. Can you relate?
How can we turn our work into something that feeds us, lights us up and excites us? How can we work less (or love what we do), play more and make more?
Here are some of the basic steps we need to take to get on this path:
- Take some quiet time to get super clear about how you feel about your current relationship to your work. Do you enjoy it? Is it full fullfiling? Are you happy doing what you do?
- If money all of a sudden wasn’t an issue in your life, would you continue doing this work, at least on some level? Is this sort of work interesting and enjoyable to you?
- Sit with your answer. If it’s a definite “no,” and you are not happy with your work, couldn’t care less about continuing to do it, then it’s time to consider a change . . . either in how you perceive it, or changing your work altogether. I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO RUN OUT AND QUIT YOUR JOB TODAY! I am, however, encouraging you to honestly examine this part of your life. We spend so much time at work (most of us) so it’s critical to like what you do or change it if you don’t.
- What do you love? Write a list. What are possible careers or work that you would LOVE to do? Make a list of these things, and start to research the possibility of maybe slowly moving in this direction. Could you start this work part time and keep your regular job? Say this career that you would love to do is music. How about taking music classes or finding other local musicians to collaborate with? Maybe that little bit of shift and adding a bit more of what you love into your life would actually shift how you feel about your main job.
- Start to play more! Just add silliness, lightheartedness and fun into your life. Be a kid again. Find your innocence through play. Create a list of what those things are for you and commit to doing them a few times a week.
- MONEY! In order to make more, play more and work less, we have to see it, dream it and know it before we actually start to see the physical evidence of it in our lives. Make a commitment to following the basics of manifesting (see this link) and start to shift your belief system about what is actually possible. We have to shift our beliefs and feelings about a certain thing in order to shift the thing.
The main thing to remember when we desire to shift anything in our lives—our money situation, our health, our feelings about success and happiness—is to affirm it first. We need to make a conscious CHOICE to oursleves and the universe that we are committed to working less (or changing how we feel about our work), playing more and making more.
State it out loud, on paper and on a reagular basis. Choose to put that vibration out into the world. Words hold energy and power, so start choosing the words, feelings and thoughts that support what you want rather than what you don’t want.
Start each day saying— “I choose happiness today. I choose thoughts of abundance today. I choose patience today. I choose love today. I choose to be organized and efficient today.” Do this on a consistent basis, let go of attachment to results and you are on your way to manifesting your desires!
It is that simple, if you choose it to be!
How are you committing to a more playful, abundant life? What small action steps are you taking right now to get on track with your desires? Leave a comment and let me know!
In love, gratitude and playfulness!
If you Google “woo-woo,” there are actually two different definitions:
An alcoholic beverage made of vodka, peach schnapps and cranberry juice.Woo-woo
- Extraordinary beliefs for which it is felt there is insufficient extraordinary evidence, and people who hold those beliefs.
I am going to be talking about the second definition, although certain days, the first one may not be so bad (if I drank hard alcohol).
Woo-woo, when referring to extraordinary beliefs, can include such things as belief in angels, ghosts, energetic healing, new agey type beliefs and anything that is seen as somewhat “fringe.” By fringe, I mean things that just don’t seem usual or ordinary to you.
The thing about beliefs, practices or modalities that we may perceive as woo-woo or outside our normal comfort zone of belief, is that they could potentially help us in profound ways if we open our minds to them. Just because something can’t be proved by science, or is different from what you “normally” believe, doesn’t mean it may not have value.
What if it made you healthier, happier, wealthier or more successful? What if making the choice to just try something different resulted in manifesting miracles?
I am not suggesting you force yourself to jump on a plane for Brazil to drink hallucinogenic tea in the rainforest for spiritual healing (as I did way back when . . . long story . . . it’s in my book!) Or to use eels to cure migraines (ancient Egyptian belief). I am not talking about doing things that compromise your values, beliefs or happiness!
But I am asking you to consider opening your mind to the possibility of things you may see as “fringe” as just being things you may not understand yet. And choosing to see them with a curious, open mind.
It could be going out of your comfort zone a bit and trying acupuncture or herbal remedies. It could be using yoga mantras or meditation for greater awareness and to attract more money. It could be committing to a juice cleanse for 2 days to feel healthier. Or maybe it’s even as simple as considering not judging those who you perceive to have those far out, wacky, fringe beliefs.
In other words—one person’s weird is another person’s wonderful. One person’s freaky is another person’s fantastic.
What’s the point? Why should you care and why does it matter if you open your mind to woo-woo?
- Because you don’t know if you don’t try. So, if something you have perceived as weird, has also been ever so gently arousing your curiosity, then check it out! If you are getting a subtle intuitive nudge to try something, then you owe it to your intuition to go there. Even if it ends up not working out, or not feeling right, at least you know.
- Because what if it just changes your life? What if it’s a healing modality that cures your____? Or a mantra that attracts wealth? Or that cleanse that makes you feel alive. Or that prayer that ignites your next great idea?
- Because an open mind, one that is willing to look at other possibilities, is a free mind. We like free.
- Because then you can have closure on that weird thing you’ve been wanting to try and lay it to rest.
Woo-woo is basically just the unknown to us. If we have an open mind and are curious, then certain things we have labeled as woo-woo may just end up being the missing key to the health we want, the love we crave and the wealth we seek. If we choose to look at it a bit differently, we may just manifest what we’ve been asking for.
Let me know what you think! Reply to this post and let me know what you have in the past seen as woo-woo, but is now common or useful for you.
Choose an open mind.
p.s. I happen to LOVE extraordinary beliefs! Just that word alone gets me excited and curious!
A meditation altar is a place you set aside in your home that’s primary use is a place to meditate and/or pray.
I am a HUGE fan of meditating and it is a critical choice for us to make if we want to quiet our minds, set powerful intentions and be on the road to manifesting the health, wealth, and happiness that we desire.It’s sort of a “mini-sanctuary” or place of worship, that you can have right there in your own space—no travel required.
It’s a way to anchor yourself into a mediation practice as well as serving as a friendly reminder when you see it. You don’t have to be super spiritual or religious to set one up and it doesn’t have to be super fancy-pants.
Why do you need one?
- Because it reminds you to sit your butt down and do it and it’s good for you.
- Doing it will help you get closer to you, your desires and how to acheive them.
- Knowing your desires, what you want and your deepest truth is the key to having the life you dream of.
- Having the life you dream of, is, as the saying goes . . . the bees knees! It’s the wealth we desire. It’s the career we crave. It’s the radant health we want. It’s the deep, internal happiness we know we deserve.
So that is why you may want to consider affirming your commitment to self, by creating this sacred space. You are telling the universe that it matters to you, that you are putting the energy into creating it and sitting down and doing it.
How do you create a meditation altar and what exactly is involved?
- You need whatever you think should go there, so a bit of creativity and self exploration is needed to get started.
- Choose a small table (or something that deliniates it as your meditation area) and begin the process of placing items on your altar that are reminders of what it is that you desire. If you desire wealth, place something there to remind you of that. It could be a small vision board or something that easily reminds you of your desire for wealth.
- You can take 5 minutes to create your space, or an hour. Completely depends on what you want to create. It should be simple and represent clarity, peace and calm for you. This is where you go to get in your manifesting zone.
- Items you can place on your altar are pictures of what spirituality or your faith represents for you, candles, beautiful fabrics or cloths, mediation bowls, mantras. You name it!
Choose to do what feels good to you. If you are seeking significant change, then sometimes it’s necessay to change it up and do something radically different. An altar doesn’t have to be hippy-dippy either. It can be a gorgeous place to showcase beautiful art, or something that symbolizes your desires. It can be scented candles that you love with pictures of your kiddos by it. It can be a beautiful vase on fresh flowers.
It doesn’t have to be a big deal and can just be a place you set up to remind you to breath and be focused on your intentions and desires for the day. You don’t necessarily have to sit down cross-legged in front of it for hours a day in order for it to be beneficial to you either.
Above all, choose to create an altar of some sorts, whether it be one that is physically present in you home, or just in your heart. Create a sacred space where you can get away and focus on creating the life you want.
Choose your way to the health you desire, the wealth you desire and the happiness you deserve.
p.s. the picture above is one of my altars in my home! Take a pitcure of yours and post it on my site, if you feel inspired! I would love to see what you choose.
If you don’t know already,—
Feng Shui is an ancient art and science developed over 3,000 years ago in China.
It is a complex body of knowledge that reveals how to balance the energies of any given space to assure health and good fortune (success+ wealth) for people using it.
I happen to love feng shui and have incorporated the basic principles in my home and office.
I have to say, it works! Or, at least I think it does. It certainly does FEEL GOOD to me.
But how do we know if manifesting works? If feng shui works? If meditation works?
There really isn’t much of it that we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Yes, there is science behind some of it, but science isn’t fail proof either.
How do we know for sure if it works then?
We know because we know.
What I mean by this, is that if we are getting the results we want and if doing a certain thing makes us FEEL a certain way, then that’s our indicator.
If chanting to attract wealth, putting a bowl of lemons in your kitchen to attract health, or meditating to manifest your desires feels good to you and is getting you the results your desire—then it works!
How we feel + our results should be enough to tell us if something is working for us, or not.
I know the idea of just feeling good no matter what may go against the grain of the “no pain, no gain” mentality, but it’s the direction we need to go—if we want to be our best version of happy, successful, healthy + wealthy.
But why do it if we can’t prove it?
Again, we do it because it feels good—plain and simple.
We do it if we feel in alignment with it and it gives us an energy of hope, guidance, support and pleasure.
Feeling good is the key to being a manifesting ninja.
Feeling good just feels good and it also raises our vibration and helps us to attract more good feeling things (so the theory goes)
And, let’s just say to be the devils advocate, that it(meditation, yoga, prayer, feng shui) doesn’t really work. Maybe it’s all a giant placebo effect—we believe something works, therefore it works.
So do we really care if science can or can’t prove something? I don’t! Isn’t it enough that you feel better when you do it?
I say yes!
Maybe if feng shui just resonates with us and we feel good about it— it’s the belief that makes it work. It’s our thoughts that make it work, rather than just the arrangement of our furniture or a bowl of lemons in our kitchen to attract health, wealth and happiness.
On the flip side— when we are negative about a particular thing, then most of the time, it doesn’t work out for us. We manifest our primary belifes about it. We get what we think. We get what we feel.
I think this is a good one to ponder and decide for yourself. Do you think it’s the actual thing, or our belief in the thing that makes it real?
Honestly, most things boil down to personal choice. What works fo me, may not work for you.
Our lives are a result of our choices. And our choices primarly make us feel either good, or not so good.
Choose the better feeling things—always.
I will leave you with a few of my favorite feng shui practices. You can choose to see how they feel for you!
- place 9 live lemons in a bowl in the center of your home, or kitchen for health
- purple is associate with wealth in feng shui, so place a purple item or purple flowering plants in the left back corner of your home. look at the feng shui quadrant guide above to figure out where this wealth quadrant in located in your home
- to strengthen love + relationships, place pink anything (flowers, candles, pictures) in the upper right corner of your home. This is the LOVE quadrant
- for career(and success) place either live fish or a symbol of fish in your career quadrant, which is basically, the front entrance to your home. Again, consult with the diagram above.
These are just a few of my favorites! Let me know if you want more.
Share with others and leave a comment below + share your thoughts.
Enjoy. Choose wisely and manifest away!
p.s for more information on making the choices that will lead you to better health, increased wealth + mounds of joy (sorta like an almond joy….heehee) pick up a copy of my bestselling book called, The 2 Choices. Available at Amazon & Barnes and Noble
It’s the day after Christmas and here I sit nursing a pretty bad cold.
I am mostly a huge baby when it comes to being sick…there is nothing I dislike more than not feeling my best. The good news is that it doesn’t happen very often, because I have an arsenal of good things that I practice in order to ward off colds and keep my immune system ramped up.
Here is what I do for prevention:
- Get 8 hours of sleep a night ( I know I include this in every list…because it’s critical!)
- Eat well, avoid all the crap we know we aren’t supposed to put in our bodies.
- Keep alcohol to a minimum, or none at all
- Stay strong emotionally and spiritually.
- Smile, laugh. Do things that keep our vibration up ( see previous blog posts about this)
- During the cold season, I ramp on on certain supplements. I use zinc, vitamin C and an immune support formula I get from Mercola.com
- Meditate! The following video is the meditation and mantra I use to keep my immune system strong.
If you are already sick, continue with the above list and REST!
Ask your spiritual guides for assistance in moving the imbalance out of your body. You can also see the illness or imbalance as a teacher.
Being sick or imbalanced offers us contrast. Contrast is—in most general terms—the unwanted things that we manifest in our lives. Theses unwanted things, while annoying, irritating and inconvenient, offer us the opportunity to learn, to grow, to evolve and to become ninja choice makers and masters of manifesing what we want in our lives.
Contrast gives us the opportunity to become even more practiced at the art of gratitude, focusing on what we want (even though it’s not the reality that’s manifesting for us) and helping us to be even more discriminating about our thoughts and feelings. It’s becoming more aware of the health we desire, when we are sick. It’s the awareness of the wealth we want, when money problems appear. It’s yearning for happiness when we feel down.
If you learn to be ok with whatever contrast that life is throwing your way—illness, arguing with your partner, bad drivers, issues at work, kids that won’t listen to you, money problems—you will at least have mastered the art of feeling ok, no matter what!
And that’s a win for you. In my humble opinion, life is supposed to be enjoyable and we are meant to be happy, fulfilled and prosperous.
Try to take whatever bummer situation you may find yourself in and turn it into a positive in your life. It’s the old concept of finding the silver lining in any situation.
Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts about this post! Love to get feeedback from my readers.
Much love and appreciation,