—Neale Donald Walsch
Just because we “get” something intellectually doesn’t mean we truly believe it or think it’s possible for us.
And even if we get it intellectually, AND believe it—sometimes we forget to practice it or implement into our lives.
Can you relate?
I was reminded of this very glaringly this weekend when I returned from a life changing trip to San Diego.
This trip was a reunion with some very powerful women. Women who are movers and shakers in their careers, families, communities and spiritual lives.
We laughed, cried, journaled, set powerful intentions and generally fit about 2 years of deep personal work in 4 days.
In a nutshell—we moved some mountains.
But I didn’t realize how truly transformational it was until I got home and started seeing the power of intention already working miracles in my life.
And not just my life—but those closest to me as well.
I won’t get into the nitty- gritty of the miracles that unfolded, but suffice to say that it was a massive, miraculous shift : )
The powerful intentions I set while in San Diego had already begun shifting things in a matter of days.
So what the heck is an intention and how can you get moving on it so YOU can move a few mountains yourself (or at the very least create change)?
A standard, text book definition of an intention is this—
- A thing intended; an aim or plan.
But a more fitting definition from a manifesting perspective would be—
- An intention is a desire, dream or goal that you passionately envision creating in your life. It’s something that you may not physically see evidence of right now, but through creating a detailed vision about what you want—you create an energy which open doors to making it real. It’s the process of turning a dream into reality.
For example—it’s creating a “day-dream” or written statment about what your soul mate is like—right down to every last detail. What color is his hair? What clothes is he wearing when you first meet him? Color of his eyes? The tone of his voice. The way you feel when he looks at you.
It can be a written story or internal vision you create about all the wealth you have—even though your checking account says otherwise.
It’s confidence in knowing what you want is on it’s way—even though you may not see evidence of it.
But how do you get yourself to feel something or envision something so clearly when it feels forced, faked or fabricated?
Here are a few things that you can implement right away that can help you with this—
- First off—change the perspective on it being fake, forced or fabricated. Have fun with it and approach it with a youthful, curious mindset. Do young kids feel bad about daydreaming? Be a kid about it. Dream away.
- See it as a gift—you have creative control in your life and can have a HUGE impact on what happens by choosing to focus on what you want, rather than seeing what you don’t want (advanced manifesting topic which I will cover in an upcoming mini course)
- Place the focus on what it feels like to ALREADY HAVE that thing in your life. Stay with that feeling.
Intentionsetting also has an element of letting go which is critical to getting the results you want.
Many people are actually better at this than they think, but they have unconscious, self sabotaging energy and beliefs that chase away the dream that showed up for them (more on this in the next broadcast : )
Intention setting—when done right—is another powerful tool in your arsenal for living a good life.
And who doesn’t want to have a life where you actually get to live your dreams, rather than just dreaming them?
It’s even better than moving mountains.
Your turn now. What’s your relationship with intention setting? Is it something you’re doing? A little, a lot, not at all? I’d love to know.
Enjoy my first in a series of interviews with people I love and admire in the coaching, writing and entrepreneurial world.
We will chat about life, our businesses and family and of course how these great minds use the power of choice to create amazing lives.
My first guest is Jan Hoath of Nurture The Leader. She is a leadership coach and is doing amazing work to empower women to step into leadership roles in a conscious, authentic way.
Hello, Fellow Choice Makers!!
I want to share with you 20 of my favorite things in hopes that you may find some of them as useful as I do.
I know every little bit helps, and when we surround ourselves with things that make us feel good, we raise our vibration and get in alignment with manifesting what we want.
The top 20:
- Candles—Loving candles throughout my house right now. My luxury brand is diptyke—www.diptyqueparis.com
- Tea— Love Teavana, Youthberry White Tea…but you can’t go wrong with any from this brand—www.teavana.com
- Music—I am loving any ambiance and chakra balancing music right now. There is a good selection on this site—www.meditationrelaxclub.com
- Baths!!—Loving long, candle lit baths. I know it’s a simple thing, but those are often the things that are the biggest vibration enhancers. I always put some kind of bath salts in my bath. One of my favorite brands is AHAVA calming lavender, but any natural brand is fine—www.ahavaus.com
- Beautiful Journals—I am a big believer in journaling. One of my favorite journal brands is paperblanks—www.paperblanks.com/us/en. Barnes and Noble always has a great selection of gorgeous journals as well.
- Yoga—Loving Kundalini right now. Maia Fiennes complete chakra set is really good! www.amazon.com/Maya-Fiennes-Kundalini-Yoga-Journey/dp/B001FC37FM
- Exercise—I discovered Burst training about 5 years ago, and it has changed my body, my metabolism (more bacon mac n cheese, yay!) and I am no longer bored of working out. And the best part?? It’s quick and effective.
- Supplements—I LOVE my supplements, and I notice a huge difference in my energy and the way my skin looks when I don’t take them. I get most of my supplements from Mercola.com. I take Krill for Women, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Probiotic, Astaxanthin and occasionally I will add some others in here or there. For my Multi-vitamin I use a brand from Prograde, called VGF 25+. If you need more information on brands and what you may need, get in touch with me and we can discuss options.
- Skincare—I am a skincare fanatic. My favorite everyday brand is Arcona and Renee Rouleau.
- Eating “Clean.”—I LOVE to eat (hence the burst training to supercharge my metabolism), but I do eat very “clean.” What does this mean? I eat almost 99% organic, and when I do eat meat, it’s the cleanest version I can find. In other words, it is free range, or grass fed, organic and not the mass-produced stuff.
- Abraham-Hicks— I am a believer! They are the pioneers of the manifesting movement. My life changed dramatically for the better when I started listening to, reading and implementing their teachings. Invaluable! Any of their books, CDs or DVDs are good. My favorite is called “Getting into the Vortex.”
- Danielle LaPorte, The Desire Map (book)—I am one of her book club leaders, and I love, love, love it. www.daniellelaporte.com
- Florence Scovel Shinns, The Complete Works of Florence Scovel Shinn(book)—This is old school and a bit religious-y, but her message is GOLD. I LOVE the affirmations and find them to be very high vibration.
- Holosync—This and Abraham-Hicks’ Getting into the Vortex CDs are my two main meditation CDs. I use them both at night before I go to bed. Great way to end the day. www.centerpointe.com/about
- Self-help, Coaching, Counseling, Personal Enrichment—I am a BIG believer in always learning, growing and stretching. Stretching beyond our comfort zones and trying new things. Investing in myself, in a high end coaching program, was the best thing I have ever done for myself.
- Being around people I love—My family, my kids and other like-minded people. I love being part of a community of positive, healthy, successful people.
- Good, high quality dark chocolate or raw cocoa—One of my favorite brands is Theo—www.theochocolate.com
- Coconut oil for body care—I LOVE using coconut oil as a moisturizer. I buy a huge tub of organic coconut oil at Costco and use it as my main body oil.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a night—I love to sleep! I use, on occasion, Mercolas melatonin if I am having trouble sleeping.
- Laughter—I choose to laugh and smile as much as I can. Not only are they free, but they are instant vibration changers.
I know some of the things on this list are also included on my list about how to raise your vibration, but there are a good number of new things on this list.
When we make a conscious choice to surround ourselves with things we love, we are stepping into a place of being conscious creators of our lives. We— in turn—add to the good energy of our lives and the planet.
My point in sharing this with you is ultimately for you to create your own list. Create your arsenal that you can surround yourself with to feel good—no matter what. Because when we learn to feel good no matter what , we manifest our desires. Whether it’s more money, improved health, happiness—whatever it is for you —we get there one choice at a time.
So, choose to create your top 20 ( 0r 10, 30, 50, 100) list and enjoy!
Leave a comment! Ask a question, or just share some good news! Love to hear from you. xo
I recently returned from a dream trip to Tuscany, Italy and Lyon, France. All I can say is—WOW!!
Actually, I can say more that that.
Although I found myself sick (with a fever) in France, I still thoroughly enjoyed this trip. I was able to find the best while being in my version of paradise, even not feeling well.
And doing my laundry in Tuscany? Talk about a mundane task just seeming different in paradise. Never has doing laundry felt so . . . romantic.
What if every day, no matter where we find ourselves, be it our dream place, or our day to day life, we treat it is as if it were our paradise?
What if we could take the magic we feel when we are in those dream places and infuse it into our day to day experiences?
It’s the idea of creating and owning your “dream space” in the midst of —whatever.
Possible? Yes, Absolutely!
I discovered how I could still enjoy a fever in France and Laundry in Tuscany. It’s the idea of making every moment your first class moment, even thought you might be crammed in coach with a crying baby behind you (metaphorically and literally).
It’s the ability to find the calm in eye of the storm, the beauty in each and every moment + the marvelous in the mundane.
That is what manifesting is all about. It’s about having a high vibration (good energy, good mood, positive thoughts, feeling good) no matter what.
So here is the take away and things you can use to attract more goodies, more paradise and more magic in your life.
- Wherever + whatever situation you find yourself in, dig deep to find the beauty in it. This isn’t always easy, because we want to digress to the ” but it really, really sucks…BAD!!!” attitude. I know. I get it. But if you want to get this manifesing thing down, this is the first step. You have to be able to get into your happy place even when it’s shitty. It’s like any new exercise program . . . it hurst at first, but will eventually get better, and better and better. Then before you know it you are a manifesing ninja with a brazillian butt.
- When you are in that less than desireable place, just stop and rememebr something incredible, amazing, and beautiful. Sit and medititate on that thing that just makes you smile, no matter what. Stay in that space for at least 60 seconds. Do this repeatdly in times of crisis or the blues.
- Buy a baguette! Ok, or do something that mimics an experience that you love or loved. For me, it’s anything French. Even thought I might not physically be there, I can go to my favorite local french bakery and indulge. I can put on some french music or snuggle up with a French book. It gets me in that happy zone. Find your happy zone. Repeat and enjoy.
The point is, to enjoy paradise when you are there and to turn your everyday into paradise, or close to it. It’s the practice and art of keeping your energy and vibration high, no matter what.
p.s. leave a comment, or share on social media! I love to hear from you. Want to learn more about living your life full throttle, no excuses? I coach women how to be, do and have it all—with the power of choice. Grow your business, live the life you desire and experience the health, wealth and personal growth you are meant to have.
But I noticed things that I was doing during the interview, that I will definitely do differently next time. One thing I noticed was that I blinked too often and I licked my lips too much! Yikes!
So, why am I posting this video of my rapid eye blinking and lip licking??? Because it’s ok!
It’s ok to mess up, to make mistakes and look silly when we are putting ourselves out there and stepping into new things.
Five year ago, I would have NEVER posted this video and I would have picked myself apart to no end. What I got out of this experience was amazing on so many levels. I truly loved connecting with Julie, speaking my truth and talking about something very dear to my heart . . . manifesting and conscious choices.
I guess I just got so wrapped up in the moment that licking my lips and blinking were a side effect of my excitement!!
And here’s the deal—just do what you love. Don’t worry about being perfect and definitely don’t worry about what other people will think. This is YOUR life. Do what you want, dream your dreams, be goofy, make mistakes and just stay weird.
Or stay normal . . . whatever floats your boat. Because at the end ot the day, it won’t be so much about what others thought about you, it will be how you feel about you.
Do what makes you feel good. Do what makes your heart sing. Do what will leave you feeling like your life mattered.
Choose you. And from that, you will choose others, choose connection, choose community, choose service, and choose living a life well worth living.
Make weird videos. Learn. Grow. And hey, don’t beat yourself up if it’s not perfect. Who cares?
Laugh and move on.
Enjoy and share this with others please!