Manifesting is simply learning to choose feelings, thoughts and actions (really in that order of importance) that line up with what you want.
It’s simple, but maybe not be so easy all the time.
It’s simple because logically, most of us understand that our feelings, thoughts and actions have an energetic component to them—anger has an energy, love has an energy, jealousy has and energy, forgiveness has an energy. Just as actions and thoughts have an energy as well.
So . . . the whole idea with manifesting is that we can get closer to what we want by choosing energy that is similar. If we want health, think healthy thoughts, feel healthy feelings and then match it up with healthy actions.
If we want more money, feel good feelings about money, think good thoughts about money and act in ways that support prosperity. For example, an energy of prosperity wouldn’t throw away pennies or leave money laying around. An energy of prosperity would appreciate money, even down to the penny. An energy of prosperity wouldn’t speak often of being broke or not being able to afford things. An energy of prosperity would feel, think and act in alignment with already having wealth, even though it may not be there yet.
Manifesting is simply choosing how we feel, think and act from a conscious, aware place. Then we sit back and enjoy having that energy come back to us in the form of things we desire.
You gotta feel it, think it and see it (in your mind, know it) and consciously CHOOSE to know it’s on its way—in order for it to be on its way.
It’s the removal of doubt from your thoughts and feelings.
And, it’s not the “fake it until you make it” energy. This isn’t about lying to yourself. It’s about making realistic changes in how we think, feel and act.
To go from a checking account balance of $100 to saying that you will have a million next month is most likely not an energetic match. There is probably a good portion of your energy that doesn’t really believe that is true.
In other words, you may really feel like you can have that million in a month, but it may take a good hard look at your patterns of thoughts, feelings and behavior to really uncover your deeper feelings about prosperity. Maybe you were brought up feeling like people who have money are selfish, snobby or materialistic. Maybe you grew up believing money is too hard to make, so what’s the point?
Manifesting is learning how to get the health, wealth, happiness and personal growth we desire by being choosy about how we feel.
Feeling angry is a choice. Feeling fearful is a choice. Feeling faithful is a choice. Feeling hopeful is a choice. If you can learn to be conscious about what you choose to feel, you are on the road to being a ninja at manifesting.
Manifesting is simply learning how to master your choices, so that you can master your life.
p.s. Ever dream of going to the south of France? How about strolling through Provence and getting super clear about your desires? How would it feel to spend 3 days in Provence and come home KNOWING who you are, what you want and how to make it happen? Stay tuned for information on my Provence trip this summer/fall!
I am a recovered self-help junkie, guru-hopper and chronic newlsetter subscriber.
Hmmm . . . What the heck?
I had turned self-help, spirituality and the quest for a happy, meaningful life into a full time job.
I kept looking outside myself for the answers to the health, wealth and happiness I desired.
And in the end, I found that it took me further away from my own truth.
Can you relate?
What I didn’t realize, other than this subtle nagging sense that I was not on the right track and not getting the results I desired, was that I was using certain things as tricky forms of resistance—as a means to keep me away from my power, my strength, my voice and my art.
I reached this awareness while reading one of my favorite books, The War of Art, by Steven Pressfield. Mr. Pressfield suggests that we have these dreams, desires and artistic expressions inside us—craving to be realized and manifested—and that we hide ourselves from ourselves through various forms of resistance. We shut out the dreamer, the painter, the musician, the writer—the creative entrepreneur in us—through resistance.
Resistance in the form of:
- Wasting time on Facebook doing things that clearly have no direct impact on our art, our creativity, our heart or our truths and passions. It’s basically just a time suck, admit it.
- Staying stuck in old patterns of arguing with people (exes…I am guilty). You can be right or you can feel good. I would rather feel good. Do these arguments ever go anywhere anyway? No! They are also a time suck, and it’s resistance rearing it’s ugly head trying to hold you back from your best self.
- Doing tasks that really aren’t critical, but you put them ahead of your passions and dreams.
- Subscribing to too many online marketing systems, entrepreneurial websites and e-mails lists.
- Excuses, justifications and rationalizations. You know what you are passionate about. You know what you love, and when you create all these excuses for why you can’t or shouldn’t or don’t . . . it’s only going to show up in the form of unhappiness, boredom, restlessness and stagnation. Ditch the excuses. They are a form of resistance.
These are just a few. Resistance comes in many forms and only you can decide and see how it shows up for you. It can be food, TV, shopping, working out excessively or even house cleaning.
Resistance keeps you from becoming your own best self -help expert, spiritual advisor and guru.
You know you are relying too much on your guru, self-help library or outside influences when:
- You can’t see your nightstand anymore due to the high stacks of self-help books, CDs, tapes, Kindles, iPods and iPads.
- You keep creating goals or intention lists that are not manifesting in your life… it just isn’t happening!
- Your inbox is full of everyone else’s newsletters, but you still haven’t perfected yours.
- Your message or goal is not clear due to muddying the waters with everyone else’s ideas, opinions or systems.
- You find your significant other asking several times a month, “What’s this charge from [insert self-help company name]?”
- You need an assistant to manage your programs, classes and newsletters.
- You need a second job to pay for all the programs.
- Your spouse is lonely, and your kids haven’t had a home cooked meal in a few weeks.
Yes, some of these are serious and some are more light-hearted, but the point is—keep an eye on resistance in your life—in all the subtle and not so subtle ways it can show up.
Distractions, resistance and being disconnected are a choice. It may not be an overly conscious choice, but they are all choices, nonetheless.
If we want to get to the point where we are clearing channels to manifesting our desires, we need to take a look at how we may be sabotaging that quest through these forms of resistance.
Let me know if you relate and how resistance manifests in your life.
Merci et Bisous!
Choice matters most because choice means freedom.
Choice matters most because without it, you wouldn’t have options.Choice matters most because it means you have creative control over certain things in your life.
Choice matters most because it holds you accountable for your life. If you are the one choosing, it’s up to you, right?
Choice matters most because without it, all the other stuff wouldn’t matter that much.
Without choice we are prisoners, victims, puppets. We are without hope, vision or dreams.
Without choice there is no vanilla or chocolate, no play it safe or go big, no decaf or regular, no love or hate.
Even in the most horrible, dire situations, you have a choice in how you feel, how you react and what you choose to believe.
How you feel is a choice and also the most important thing to master, if you want to learn how to get what you want in life.
Choice may not be the sexiest, most alluring topic….. at least on the surface. But when you really take a minute to think about what choice means, really means to you—it is sexy. It is alluring. It is super cool. It is powerful. It is a massive gift that is often taken for granted.
Choice is the very thing that makes your life meaningful or miserable. It has equal power to be destructive as it does to be constructive.
You choose health. You choose wealth. You choose happiness, growth and success. You can also choose the negative stuff too.
Learning how to master our choices is about learning to be aware, conscious and alive. Learning how to use the gift of choice to consciously direct the flow of our lives is what manifesting is all about. Being a conscious chooser is the beginning stage of learning to manifest (getting what we desire through the energy we put out into the world).
I LOVE the fact that we have choices, but many of us just don’t see it as the incredible gift and powerful tool that it is. How many people do you know who continue making the same bad choices over and over again? Or those who seem to make great choices in certain areas of their lives, but not so much in others. Or those who seem to go around and around with their choices and never seem to have clarity.
If you want something that isn’t coming to you, it’s as simple (maybe not always easy) as shifting the choices you are making . . . right down to the choice in how you feel, what you think and how you react.
Having the abundance and success you desire is about making aligned choices with those desires. Having the health and body you want is about making those same choices (and it’s not just about exercise and nutrition . . . it’s about how you feel and what you think).
Getting clear about how you make choices, how to be better with the ones you have and how to improve the way you do choose and decide . . is key to manifesting your sexy, alluring, healthy and abundant life.
I love helping people become dialed-in choice makers and manifesting ninjas. Let me know how I can help you get to where you really want to be in your life. There is no point in postponing a life you deeply enjoy.
It starts with a choice and a desire.
For all you biz owners out there who blog on a regular basis—how are you feeling about it?
Bored? Like no one is listening? Like you are writing your blog posts for yourself, or that it just isn’t lighting your fire anymore?
How about those of you who are browsers of blogs—what keeps you going back? What keeps you away? What keeps you interested or enthralled?
How do we, as online entrepreneurs and coaches—turn browsers into believers and/or buyers?
Here are 6 tips to keep your blog posts interesting and producing results (because there is little point in doing it if we aren’t getting the results we desire).
- Choose a topic or subject that you are genuinely interested in and know well. You can’t keep yourself or others interested and coming back to your blog if you aren’t 100% confident in your topic. You are the expert, you are the content creator, so make it matter. Even if it’s a topic that isn’t totally related to your expertise, make sure you have done your research on it before you write about it or review it.
- Choose a unique way to present it! Instead of just creating a blog post, maybe do a weekly vlog to mix it up. Many successful online entrepreneurs have moved to a combination of blogging and vlogging. Be unique and true to you! This isn’t about copying others out there. It’s about finding your unique way to present it. Use a combination of inspiration and information.
- Create a clear plan and vision for your blog/vlog. Create a regular schedule, and then do your best to stick with it.
- Analyze your content and see what’s creating a buzz and what’s not. What blog posts are getting more comments and responses? Consider creating similar or related content for your more popular posts.
- Ask! Ask you subscribers what they like and don’t like. What’s useful and whats not so useful? You can use something like survey monkey to create a quick survey and send it out to your list.
- Don’t become a slave to it. The purpose of having a blog is to engage, educate and inspire your audience. If you aren’t accomplishing those things—switch it up. There is no point in doing the same thing over and over again if it’s not getting you closer to what you want and making you feel good. There is no point in spending time creating blog posts each week if it feeels like a drain. Use your imagination. Get creative with it!
Creating useful, interesting, juicy content is the thing that will turn our browsers into believers…and then potential buyers. But in this land of information overload, you have to find a way to deliver content that is practical and purposeful. Blogs and vlogs are how we connect with our peeps. It’s how we build trust and showcase our expertise.
If we aren’t into it, our readers aren’t gonna feel it either.
If you aren’t offering a little more than just information—then your readers (or watchers) will get bored….and so will you.
What does this have to do with choosing wiser and living larger?
If we want success, happiness, health, growth—all those good things—then we need to infuse passion and our authenticity into every aspect of our lives. That includes our business, our products, our blog posts . . . all of it! And for the blog/vlog readers—it’s important for you to spend your time reading and watching things that really do it for you! No more wasting time on things that don’t truly serve us.
An amazing life and business is really just a choice away. Learning how to really listen to who we are, what we desire and then going for it, is the key to living a powerful, passion filled life. It’s the key to manifesting a life of health, prosperity and happiness.
Any trip to the Department of Motor Vehicles will leave any person asking themselves, “what the (bleep) happened to social etiquette?”
Or, is it just me? I was recently at the DMV and was a bit grossed out by people sneezing very near me and several VERY loudly talking cell phone users.
What does this have to do with choosing our way to our desires, living a conscious life and being manifesting ninjas, you ask?
How does social etiquette relate to having the health, success and happiness we desire?
It circles back to those things because social etiquette, and being conscious and considerate of others, is a choice. And if we aren’t being conscious out in the world and in our lives, we will most likely attract that energy back to us.
Some would say that if we experience rude or impolite people on a regular basis, we may want to look at how we may be showing up in an unconscious way in our own lives.
Even if it’s being unconscious to our own body by eating food that doesn’t serve us, or silently harboring negative energy towards someone. Just because it’s silent to them doesn’t mean it’s silent to the universe.
Sometimes I find all of this easy to believe (when it isn’t me getting the karmic 2 x 4 upside the head), and other times I brush it off a bit too easily. Who me? No way!
It’s the common trap of believing in certain things, but then not applying them in our own lives.
That’s not how it works though.
We don’t get to believe in these spiritual laws only when they serve our agenda..…often an agenda of not wanting to look at our own negative patterns.
If we expect money and wealth, we will get it. If we expect lack of health, we will get it. If we expect happiness in our lives, then we will get it.
I am being totally transparent here. I make mistakes. Being conscious is about owning our mistakes and owning what we are experiencing in life.
I may not be out sneezing on people in public, or loudly talking on my cell phone in the DMV or other public places, but what I noticed is that I was having a strong reaction to these people. I was also having a strong reaction to drivers. My energy was not calm, clear or grounded when I got in the car. My energy was a bit expectant of sharing the road with bad drivers. So guess what I manifested?
People not using their turn signals. People on their cell phones while driving. People driving way too slow. People always seeming to be asleep while driving.
I had developed a mild case of road rage, and that is why I was attracting these negative situations in my life. I was being annoyed and then judgmental about fellow drivers and expecting rude, unconscious behavior from them. So, that’s what I got!
Once I became aware of this, I shifted my energy and shifted attracting things or people to be annoyed with.
The universe delivers what we expect. It may not come in the exact package we expect, but we will receive a similiar energy back.
That is why it’s so important to be aware of what’s happening around us.
What are we attracting? What beliefs are we consiously aware of? What beliefs are under the surface?
Getting clear about how you really, really, truly feel about things is the first and most important part in learning to create your dream life with the power of choice + manifesting.
The power to choose how we react, what we think, how we feel and what we choose to focus on is the very thing that will help us attract health, wealth, success and happiness in our lives.
What do you expect in your life? Do you see a direct correlation between what you expect and what you create? Let me know. I love hearing from you!! Leave a comment and let me know if you relate to this and how you see it showing up in your life.
Ciao for now!
Yes please, I will take that! How about you?
Are you on board to make more (money, happiness + dreams come true), play more and work less?
Who wouldn’t want this? Isn’t this the ultimate definition of success?
And the honest to goodness truth, for me, is that I LOVE my work so much, that it feels like play to me. I found a way to turn my work into something I love and enjoy rather than a “have to,” a bummer or a disconnect from my bigger truth.
It didn’t used to be this way though. . .
I felt I had to sacrifice, struggle and do things that didn’t really turn me on in order to make it.
And I was miserable, disconnected, bored and dead inside. Can you relate?
How can we turn our work into something that feeds us, lights us up and excites us? How can we work less (or love what we do), play more and make more?
Here are some of the basic steps we need to take to get on this path:
- Take some quiet time to get super clear about how you feel about your current relationship to your work. Do you enjoy it? Is it full fullfiling? Are you happy doing what you do?
- If money all of a sudden wasn’t an issue in your life, would you continue doing this work, at least on some level? Is this sort of work interesting and enjoyable to you?
- Sit with your answer. If it’s a definite “no,” and you are not happy with your work, couldn’t care less about continuing to do it, then it’s time to consider a change . . . either in how you perceive it, or changing your work altogether. I AM NOT ENCOURAGING YOU TO RUN OUT AND QUIT YOUR JOB TODAY! I am, however, encouraging you to honestly examine this part of your life. We spend so much time at work (most of us) so it’s critical to like what you do or change it if you don’t.
- What do you love? Write a list. What are possible careers or work that you would LOVE to do? Make a list of these things, and start to research the possibility of maybe slowly moving in this direction. Could you start this work part time and keep your regular job? Say this career that you would love to do is music. How about taking music classes or finding other local musicians to collaborate with? Maybe that little bit of shift and adding a bit more of what you love into your life would actually shift how you feel about your main job.
- Start to play more! Just add silliness, lightheartedness and fun into your life. Be a kid again. Find your innocence through play. Create a list of what those things are for you and commit to doing them a few times a week.
- MONEY! In order to make more, play more and work less, we have to see it, dream it and know it before we actually start to see the physical evidence of it in our lives. Make a commitment to following the basics of manifesting (see this link) and start to shift your belief system about what is actually possible. We have to shift our beliefs and feelings about a certain thing in order to shift the thing.
The main thing to remember when we desire to shift anything in our lives—our money situation, our health, our feelings about success and happiness—is to affirm it first. We need to make a conscious CHOICE to oursleves and the universe that we are committed to working less (or changing how we feel about our work), playing more and making more.
State it out loud, on paper and on a reagular basis. Choose to put that vibration out into the world. Words hold energy and power, so start choosing the words, feelings and thoughts that support what you want rather than what you don’t want.
Start each day saying— “I choose happiness today. I choose thoughts of abundance today. I choose patience today. I choose love today. I choose to be organized and efficient today.” Do this on a consistent basis, let go of attachment to results and you are on your way to manifesting your desires!
It is that simple, if you choose it to be!
How are you committing to a more playful, abundant life? What small action steps are you taking right now to get on track with your desires? Leave a comment and let me know!
In love, gratitude and playfulness!