—Neale Donald Walsch
Just because we “get” something intellectually doesn’t mean we truly believe it or think it’s possible for us.
And even if we get it intellectually, AND believe it—sometimes we forget to practice it or implement into our lives.
Can you relate?
I was reminded of this very glaringly this weekend when I returned from a life changing trip to San Diego.
This trip was a reunion with some very powerful women. Women who are movers and shakers in their careers, families, communities and spiritual lives.
We laughed, cried, journaled, set powerful intentions and generally fit about 2 years of deep personal work in 4 days.
In a nutshell—we moved some mountains.
But I didn’t realize how truly transformational it was until I got home and started seeing the power of intention already working miracles in my life.
And not just my life—but those closest to me as well.
I won’t get into the nitty- gritty of the miracles that unfolded, but suffice to say that it was a massive, miraculous shift : )
The powerful intentions I set while in San Diego had already begun shifting things in a matter of days.
So what the heck is an intention and how can you get moving on it so YOU can move a few mountains yourself (or at the very least create change)?
A standard, text book definition of an intention is this—
- A thing intended; an aim or plan.
But a more fitting definition from a manifesting perspective would be—
- An intention is a desire, dream or goal that you passionately envision creating in your life. It’s something that you may not physically see evidence of right now, but through creating a detailed vision about what you want—you create an energy which open doors to making it real. It’s the process of turning a dream into reality.
For example—it’s creating a “day-dream” or written statment about what your soul mate is like—right down to every last detail. What color is his hair? What clothes is he wearing when you first meet him? Color of his eyes? The tone of his voice. The way you feel when he looks at you.
It can be a written story or internal vision you create about all the wealth you have—even though your checking account says otherwise.
It’s confidence in knowing what you want is on it’s way—even though you may not see evidence of it.
But how do you get yourself to feel something or envision something so clearly when it feels forced, faked or fabricated?
Here are a few things that you can implement right away that can help you with this—
- First off—change the perspective on it being fake, forced or fabricated. Have fun with it and approach it with a youthful, curious mindset. Do young kids feel bad about daydreaming? Be a kid about it. Dream away.
- See it as a gift—you have creative control in your life and can have a HUGE impact on what happens by choosing to focus on what you want, rather than seeing what you don’t want (advanced manifesting topic which I will cover in an upcoming mini course)
- Place the focus on what it feels like to ALREADY HAVE that thing in your life. Stay with that feeling.
Intentionsetting also has an element of letting go which is critical to getting the results you want.
Many people are actually better at this than they think, but they have unconscious, self sabotaging energy and beliefs that chase away the dream that showed up for them (more on this in the next broadcast : )
Intention setting—when done right—is another powerful tool in your arsenal for living a good life.
And who doesn’t want to have a life where you actually get to live your dreams, rather than just dreaming them?
It’s even better than moving mountains.
Your turn now. What’s your relationship with intention setting? Is it something you’re doing? A little, a lot, not at all? I’d love to know.
If you haven’t noticed already, the “choice” thing is something I cover quite a bit.
It’s not just because I wrote a book about it. And It’s not just because I like talking about the same thing over and over again.
I talk, coach and teach about the power of choice—because it’s the #1 thing that can transform your life with the least amount of effort, struggle or frustration.
Once you learn what exactly to do with the power of choice—manifesting what you want gets a whole lot easier and more enjoyable.
And the super quickie manifesting 101 lesson is this—manifesting is nothing more than matching your energy (thoughts and feelings) to what you want.
It’s having healthy feelings about money, wealth and prosperity—if you want more prosperity.
It’s about having good feelings and thoughts about your body—if you want a healthy body.
Getting what you want (manifesting) is nothing more than CHOOSING WHAT TO THINK AND FEEL and holding that consistently and truthfully.
Let me ask you a couple questions . . .
When was the last time someone forced you to feel a certain way?
When was the last time someone forced you to think a certain thought?
The answer is never!
We may think someone makes us feel and think a certain way—but the 100% truth (and yes, sometimes the truth hurts a little) is that WE are the ones responsible for what we think and how we feel.
And what we think and feel are choices—that are either moving us closer to more travel, a rockin’ healthy body and our soulmate finding us. Or not.
So this awareness will either make you 1. Giddy, excited, thrilled to know you have a certain degree of control (although I don’t like that word) over certain things in your life or 2. Freaked out to know that you have a certain degree of control over how things go in your life.
When this idea truly sinks in for people and when they truly grasp how much power they have when they become accountable to what they think and how they feel—this is when things get fun.
It’s when doors open, magic happens and lives are transformed.
And thats not to say there won’t be ANY uncomfortableness along your path to creating your dreams, desires and goals. But the whole “no pain, no gain” thing—is not required when you want to shift something in your life.
Sometimes when we are learning to THINK AND FEEL differently about money, health, work (any topic really) —we need to put a bit more effort into replacing beliefs and feelings that DON’T SERVE WHAT WE WANT and replace them with thoughts and feelings that do.
Simple? YES. Easy? Not always.
But what I tell my clients who are really determined and ready for a big change is this—
- you won’t get there unless you’re clear about what you want
- you won’t get there if you’re wishy-washy with your energy
- you won’t get there by focusing on what you DON’T want (the key to manifesting is to put the primary focus on what’s wanted, not what’s missing)
- you definitely won’t get there by staying stuck in your old story about your life, your problems and your “lack of” (whether is be money, love, health, happiness) In other words, it may be 100% true, real and painful for you to recall and talk about your past and how it impacts your ability to be positive—but that is a story that you are choosing to repeat. The question is . . . how is it serving you in getting what you want in life?
If you simply remember and practice these key points—you’ll have the ability to change almost anything you want.
You can attract more peace with your energy.
You can attract more love with your energy.
You can attract more health, wealth and happiness with your energy.
And yep . . . it’s absolutely your choice.
I am convinced all of humanity is born with more gifts than we know. Most are born geniuses and just get de-geniused rapidly.
Why are we so hard on ourselves? Why are we so quick so self-criticize and so slow to give ourselves a break? What beliefs have we learned that cause us to keep repeating this pattern of being hard on ourselves? They aren’t beliefs that you want to hang onto if you plan on creating a life you love.
Because an energy of being hard on yourself, is not an energy of allowing.
If you’ve been with me for any time at all—then you know I am all about the power of choice. And using that power to help us live better lives—live that are beautiful and energetically RICH. And “better” is really something that we have to define on our own terms, right? What does a better life mean to you? More time with your family + friends? More travel? More money? Better health? A more satisfying career? What is it for you? I know it seems like a little thing, but it’s often the little things that have the biggest impact on our lives. So for today, think about what would make life better for you. And then think about all the ways you may beat yourself up a little bit for not having those things. Maybe you want to drop 10 pounds and feel more healthy—but you can’t seem to find the time to make it to the gym and the ice cream seems to have some sort of evil spell on you—so you beat yourself up for not doing it “better.” Being hard on yourself about eating the ice cream, or not making it the gym—isn’t going to help you get closer to what you want. Instead of getting yourself into a tizzy about it try to— Let go of feeling like you aren’t doing it right.
But if not, don’t beat yourself up about it. Change your energy about it—or go. If you want to have a life that truly FEELS better to you, then you gotta start with not beating yourself up for not being where you want to be. You get where you want to be—faster and with much less struggle—by being easy on yourself and choosing things that support your bigger visions. And baby step by baby step, bit by bit—you’ll get there. And then once you’re there—you’ll discover new, exciting crazy new adventures you want to add to your list. The overall gist?
Enjoy the journey. And be easy on yourself along the way.
Big blessings, Carrie
Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.
I bet if you’re human and breathing—you’ve run across another human that in all their authenticity—triggered you a little.
Or maybe a lot.
It’s ok. It doesn’t mean you’re horrible and lack compassion.
It also doesn’t mean that you’re wrong in feeling like that persons version of “authentic” would be better if it were, well—LESS authentic.
You hear it over and over again in the self help and personal growth world . . .
“Find your authentic self. Be your authentic self. Know your authentic self.”
But here is the issue with that—
Some people’s version of “authentic” may not seem very nice and may miss the boat when it comes to being self aware and open to change. And even if people do honestly feel they are being their 100% authentic self—you still may not line up with it.
And that’s ok too! You don’t have to agree with everyone—to be evolved or spiritual.
You don’t even have to like everyone to be evolved + spiritual (shhh . . . don’t tell the Dalai Lama)
In fact, it’s more spiritual to be honest about NOT feeling super jazzed about someone, than it is to pretend otherwise.
Because often in our acceptance of those feelings that don’t feel so evolved—is where the magic and growth take place.
On top of that—is the idea that what you resist persists. In other words, if you are truly bothered by something but pretending you aren’t bothered by it—it’s not going to go away, because you are “feeling stuffing” which is basically resistance.
And resistance, feeling stuffing and pretending you don’t feel something, that you do—is not an energy of allowing and attracting.
This matters because how we truly feel about things—is our vibration. And our vibration is what determines what flows back into our lives.
And you can’t change it, heal it or fix it if you aren’t being honest about it.
Many people think they are being authentic, when they really aren’t fully connected to how they feel about something and ultimately, to their vibration about it.
So what does it mean to be authentic in a conscious way? A way that isn’t self righteous, evasive or fake?
- owning your shit
- saying what you really mean
- standing up for what you really want
- being accountable (a nicer way of saying “owning your shit”)
- being committed to your growth
- being ok with making mistakes, but learning form them rather than repeating them for decades and then passing that energy on to your kids
- letting go of a need to be right
- being of service to brining more light and love to the world (I know, this is the super woo-woo one, but hey—I go there and that’s just me being authentically me 😉
- being conscious and self-aware
If a more “true” and less self-helpy meaning of authenticity is being an example of goodness, of light, of forgiveness and truth—then that’s a keeper.
But if it simply gets reduced to another woo-woo term that causes frustration or annoyance—then by all means—it’s time to drop it and move on.
The main point is to not let the word, teaching or concept get in the way of the main intention and goal.
And isn’t our ultimate goal simply to enjoy our lives? To laugh more, play more, travel more, love more, feel healthy, frisky and ALIVE?
Yes! Truthfully, authentically—
Gratitude is the holy grail in the world of manifesting, miracles creation + living incredible lives.
It’s like the secret sauce that— when used consistently and consciously—can catapult your desires to new heights.
But we know this, right? I mean in all honesty—we know it’s a good thing to be grateful.
We know, yet we fall back into old patterns of complaining, worrying, or simply accepting things in our lives that sorta suck.
We settle for jobs we don’t love.
We accept being treated in ways that don’t feel good.
We allow things in our life that we know don’t serve our higher intention of conscious, high vibration living.
We forget about our dreams and desires, because we are afraid of what others will think. Or worse, what if we fail?
And sometimes we just get caught in the busy trap—and simply forget about all that we have to be grateful for.
And as you know, settling, forgetting, being too busy and allowing things that don’t serve us—are all choices.
Choices that we have the power to change.
The truth is—the most profound and unexpected changes come from doing the most simple things. So even if many of us know it’s a good thing to be grateful—we may write it off because we feel it isn’t important enough.
Creating a gratitude list is a powerful tool that can snap you out of any life conundrum and create miracles right and left.
The key is to do it consistently + consciously (not just once a year and not while feeling rushed).
Tips for creating your list—
- Create a calm, quiet space to reflect on your life + what you feel grateful for. Limit distractions so you can really focus on what matters.
- Don’t get caught up with “doing it right”—just write down whatever comes to mind. Have fun with it.
- Be descriptive. Why do you feel grateful for your kids, spouse, friends, etc? What special things about them make you feel this way? What special moments or memories come to mind?
- It can be the material things too! It’s ok to be grateful for a beautiful car or your favorite designer shoes! It’s not less spiritual to appreciate and be grateful for the abundance you have. Spirit doesn’t have an issue with us enjoying prosperity.
Your list can be 10, 20, or 100 things. Whatever works for you!
I like to make a gratitude list towards the end of each year. It’s a nice way to close out the year and set the stage for attracting a miraculous new year.
Here is the start to my list!
I am grateful for . . .
1. Health. This is almost always #1 on my list. I LOVE feeling healthy, vibrant and alive.
2. God + spirit in my life. This is simply divine.
3. My husband + kiddos. These 3 light up my heart.
4. My dogs. I officially have the two cutest in the universe.
5. My home. It’s super frenchie, and I finally have a home that is decorated just how I like, plus we have a super cool pool, lots of flowers, beauty all around.
6 .Liiving in a warmer climate. I lived in the mountains for 17 years and was done being cold 7 months out of the year. Sooooo enjoy having 4 seasons, rather than just hot/cold.
7. My job! I love what I do. It feels more like a big, fun adventure, than work.
8. Abundance. I am so grateful for the prosperity we have created in our lives. And grateful for a few key people who have helped to make that happen.
9. Saying “YES” to my dream of writing a book (and writing more books). The 2 Choices has changed lives and I am beyond grateful to all who helped.
10. Travel. I love to travel and am so grateful I was able to be in Europe 3 times last year and will back again 3 times next year! Woohooo!
11. My life and business mentors. They believed in me when I didn’t and paved the way for me to step into my power.
12. Fall leaves crunching under my feet when I am out walking my dogs.
13. Organic, high vibration food.
14. My insatiable desire to learn, grow and become more aware.
15. My parents—glad they adopted me and gave me a great life.
16. Coffee. Yep, this most certainly makes my list!
17. Wine. Yep!! I am grateful for a good Cote du Rhone.
18. Nice clothes. I love fashion and feel grateful and blessed to have a beautiful wardrobe.
19. Courage. I am grateful that I know I have access to boatloads of courage, even when I am feeling small, insignificant and scared.
20. Writers, creative types, dreamers….. I love you all. You feed my brain.
21. My Mac. What can I say? I love my computer as much as my piano.
22. Nature trees, animals, the natural world. You leave me in awe of your wisdom, beauty and power. I feel the most calm and grounded in nature or when connecting with animals. Thank you.
23. My clients, friends, family and fellow humans. I love you all. You teach me so much about life and living. Even the hard stuff—I am grateful for it. It’s how I grow and learn to be better.
24. My grand piano. It makes me smile every time I walk by it.
25. Red roses + lilies. Flowers make me happy!
My list this year will be well over 100 . . . but those are my first 25!
Have fun with this list. Make it a sacred time. Do it alone or with your loved ones.
The point is—make sure to do it!
Big blessings + bisous!