High vibration, good energy, law of attraction . . . these are common things you may hear about in the world of personal improvement + spiritual development.
But just what exactly are these things and why do they matter? How can they help you attract abundance, be happier and find love?
In a nutshell . . .
Nobel prize winning physicists have proven beyond doubt that the physical world we see (our bodies, a tree, a slice of pizza, a bird) are all energy forms that come in and out of our awareness in milliseconds—over and over again.
We live in a giant sea of energy.
They have also proven that our thoughts are what give these objects we “see” meaning. In other words, thoughts are things. Thoughts create what we see—our reality.
Now, this is a very rudimentary explanation of the process….and one can certainly go further down the rabbit hole, but the point is—YOU create and shape your reality by what you choose to think and also what you choose to feel.
These thoughts and feelings are your vibration.
Consider yourself like one giant magnet, attracting to you similar vibrations and energies that you are giving off. This is the basic premise of law of attraction—you attract what you give off.
Ever notice how the most joyful, carefree people seem to have joy filled, carefree lives? And those who complain and focus on the negative tend to attract things to complain and be negative about?
Some people like to call it high vibration or good energy. For me, I like to call it aligned energy—this is where my energy is aligned with what I love, what makes me feel good and what keeps me attracting things I want in my life. Because the truth is, whether you call it high, good or aligned energy—it’s all about you finding out what it means for you. You may feel your energy is more aligned when you walk in nature, whereas for the next person, it may be playing their guitar or taking a nap.
It’s simple, and complex at the same time, because most people aren’t truly aware of just exactly what sort of vibration they are putting out into the world, on a consistent basis.
You see, with energy and vibration, it’s about consistency.
Most of us don’t really take time to think about it in our busy lives. We just get on the hamster wheel of life and go throughout our days, week, and years, unaware of the fact that we may have underlying feelings about money that are really holding us back from attracting the prosperity that we desire. And its the same with any topic—be it health, happiness or love.
So the main key to creating a higher vibration— is to become aware of it.
Here are 4 key strategies to increasing your awareness about your energy/vibration
- Keep a journal. Take time ( 5-10 minutes is fine) to sit down and write. You don’t have to have a specific topic in mind, just write. Get in the habit of putting what’s in your head + heart down on paper. This is one way to start to realize what you are thinking and feeling. It’s one way to get more in touch with what things are really on your mind. You may have a tendency to burry things and hide from uncomfortable feelings, so writing and journaling about them is a great way to get it out. Journaling has changed my life and helped my to become much more aware of what I am truly feeling and therefore putting out into the sea of energy we call life.
- Breathe. Most of us go throughout the day shallow breathing. Learning to be more conscious about your breath and taking longer, deeper breaths throughout the day, is a quick fix to getting in touch with your energy and also instantly raising it.
- Alone time. Make a habit (daily if you can) of taking time to meditate, or get out in nature, go fishing, do some yoga, . . . whatever it takes for you to unplug from the noisy world and just be in the stillness. This is critical for you to become—not only aware of your energy—but to learn to shift it into a more balance, aligned energy.
- Be honest about your life. Do you have what you want? Are you happy? The biggest clue as to the true energy you are putting out in the world–is to take a look at your life from a very real, honest place. Are you where you want to be? If not, change your energy, to change your results. If we continually have chaos..thats a pretty good indication our energy is not aligned. If you continually experience happiness, you are on track. Keep it up!
Why do you need a high vibration or aligned energy?
You need this if you want to learn to be an active co-creator in your life, rather than feeling life just happens to you.
If you really have a true desire to find true inner happiness, love and prosperity in your life—understanding the basics of vibration + energy is a good place to start.
Plus, learning to master what you think and how you feel—just feels better!
And, like my favorite spiritual teachers say—Life is supposed to feel good.
As always . .
Are you full of inspiration, yet lack results?
Do you start projects and then they just sort of . . . fade into the abyss?
Recently, as I was thinking about what project I want to immerse myself into next, I started browsing through my idea/project folder.
I discovered about 5 years worth of content and several super duper book ideas tucked away in those folders.
For me, it’s never been a lack of inspiration or ideas. It’s a bit of a failure to launch problem.
It’s an issue of being distracted by butterflies, baking or organizing my underwear drawer… and not finishing things I start.
Can you relate?
As creative types and thinkers . . .. we are often flooded with inspiration, but get lost in the follow through stage.
So what to do when you have tons of great ideas, but they aren’t translating into a finished product?
Here are 7 tips to help you FINISH WHAT YOU START (and it’s what helped me write a bestselling book about making amazing, conscious choices + got me on track to having a business that I love and that feeds my soul)
- Read The War of Art, by Steven Pressfield. This book speaks to the very heart of artists, creative types, entrepreneurs and visionaries. Your gift to the world isn’t a gift to the world if it’s sitting incomplete in your documents folder. The War of Art is a great reminder that we need DISCIPLINE. I know, I know, this is a tough one for us rebellious creative types, because watching butterflies and baking really can be quite relaxing. But…most often we are using these things as a form of distraction that keeps us detached from our potential. Read the book! It will help you manage butterfly watching + masterpiece creation.
- Discipline and routine. I know I already mentioned discipline, but hey….you MUST do this is you want to get in the habit of finishing what you start. You must create discipline and a routine for your day, week, month and year. There are gobs and gobs of great systems out there to help you do this. Just decide how you best work in regards to this. Do you like old-fashioned daily lists? Do you prefer setting up things in your outlook calendar? Do you need a coach to help you with this? Choose a system that works for you and then commit to sticking with it.
- Batch + Bundle. Wherever it is that you put your ideas (and hopefully you are transferring them from your pretty head to paper or computer) start to batch and bundle them into different categories. For example, I created an “idea folder” in my email and when inspiration strikes, I write down the idea and move it there. I also take my 7 million little pieces of paper and sticky notes and move them from paper into either a word doc or email reminder. You can then batch and bundle your ideas into various categories…such as, blog post ideas, book ideas, video series idea, guest blogging ideas, etc.
- Know thyself. Ok, now that you have somewhat of a rudimentary system for chunking and organizing your brilliant ideas, you need to decide which of those 7 million ideas to attack first. How do you know? What FEELS juicy? What could you go on and on and on about? Do that. Go with the thing that really lights you up. Revisit The War of Art because we do create sneaky ways to self-sabotage our creative endeavors—so be aware of that when choosing what you are going to complete.
- Stick with it, no matter what. After you have chosen an idea— stick with it, see it to the end, and be committed to completion. Create a new habit and way of doing things. If you are a chronic quitter + have tons of great ideas, that aren’t getting out to the world, then what is the point?
- Life + work, heart to heart chat. What I mean here, is that there can be an important time to really look at your life + business and decide if it really is your passion and love. There is a difference between being a serial non-finisher because you are simply in a habit of being distracted and hiding from your next, best creation…and a true need for a makeover of your life. If we seem constantly disinterested and bored with what we are doing, that is different than this habit of staying a bunch of things and not finishing them (because we have created a non productive habit)
- Mind cleanse. What I mean by this is that is you are the type of person who has tons of ideas, then you need to cleanse your mind on a regular basis. In other words, you need to download it, get grounded and give your mind a good rest, or cleanse. Go out in nature, light a candle and meditate, take a bath, listen to you favorite music, get lost in good lovin’, watch butterflies (yes, at times this may be a good things) knit, dance, stare at a tree, a river, just DON’T THINK FOR AWHLE. In order to be clear and to get on track to being a completing wizard as well as a creation wizard, you must give your mind a break. Just don’t let it get in the way of STARTING THE PROJECT THAT YOU ARE MEANT TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD.
This is really about having many choices. And with those many choices comes responsibility + awareness. You can choose to be a dreamer, a creator, a visionary and butterfly watcher, and get your (bleep) done.
Don’t let your gift lay dormant though. Don’t get caught it the trap of putting it off until tomorrow, next week, next month, when you move, when the kids are gone, when you feel more rested.
We are designed to be connected to what makes us feel alive.
Choose that one thing, today that you will actually start and finish. Start there and then let me know how it goes.
Cheering for you, as always.
p.s. I think we can watch butterflies AND create our masterpieces! Let s just make sure it’s both! And maybe we create our masterpieces WHILE butterfly watching. Oh yah.
pps. Here is the link to my book, The 2 Choices, if you haven’t picked it up yet, please do! It’s real life proof that if you create a new habit of sticking with it + keeping your eyes on the prize, that we can turn our dream into a reality.
I SAY BOTH!!! For those of you who don’t know what my subject title it all about—those are both brands of SHOES.
I am sure most of you know about Birkenstocks—the earthy, hippy sandal that has made quite the comeback (actually, they have probably never went away).
And for you luxury lovers—Louboutins are a stand out brand in the luxury line.
These two different brands of shoes couldn’t be more different.
One, is the optime of the earthy, hippy sort of scene and the other is a brand is the creme de la creme in the luxury world. One speaks of comfort, practicalilty, and down-to-earthness. And the other is a brand of sexy, sassy and luxury ( and not so comfy).
Why am I writing about shoes?
Well, I happen to own both brands and I love them equally. And I felt a little weird about that for a while. Like I needed to choose one “camp” to be in.
I either needed to be an earthy, nature loving, granola eating, tree huggin’, Birkenstock wearer.
Or, I needed to embrace the luxurious, sensual, grown and worldly Louboutin clan.
I felt like I needed to make up my mind about who I was and get on with it.
And then I stopped and realized how utterly silly I was being. Who cares! Who cares if we don’t fit into a box? Who cares if we fit into several boxes?
Who cares if we choose to fit into no box and just be free.
This isn’t really just a post about shoes. It’s a post about the truth of who we are. Our most authentic, real, naked, unabashed selves.
The ones who don’t care about labels, boxes, and fitting in here or there. The ones who don’t get caught up in worrying about being a tree hugging’, earth loving, animal loving, luxury loving human.
Just because we love and stand for one thing, doesn’t mean we have to turn our backs on other things, that we enjoy.
I see this often in the self help/spiritual world. People feel that it is somehow not spiritual and materialistic to have nice things, to desire nice clothes, travel and the finer things in life.
And I say, to each their own, but that is not a box I choose to put myself in any longer.
I think you can have the awareness and consciousness to be a high vibration person in the world, work for change and consciousness and ALSO enjoy nice things in life.
After all, we do live in a material plane. We aren’t air. We are matter. We are material our selves, so why wouldn’t we enjoy (not covet, or hoard) the material things in life?
For me, living this life of honoring my earthy, spiritual self and also enjoying the material pleasure and beauty of life, I call being a Barefoot Belle.
Barefoot……being the part that is obviously barefoot, but for me this signifies connection to earth + nature, free, unabashed, pure and spiritual.
Belle…..being the french word for “beautiful” and to me, signifies culture, beauty, luxury, savior-faire and our earthly delights.
Being a Barefoot Belle is actually about being grounded and rooted in who we are (our natural selves ) and also honoring what we love. That can be nice shoes, nice meals, nice cars, travel, spa days, organic food, charity work, nature . . . whatever it is for you.
And we can love nice things, material things and still be consciousness and aware. It doesn’t mean we are fake, superficial or somehow less spiritual to enjoy the finer things in life.
Not all all.
What we think, feel and do are all choices. They are choices that influence our vibration and our vibration is what determines what comes to us in life.
In fact, it means that we are just enjoying more, which is spiritual and which is aware.
So , maybe you are a vegan who happens to really like leather shoes, maybe you are a big environmentalist who also loves to travel. Maybe you are earthy and stylish.
I don’t think we need to be so hard on ourselves. I think we can let go of the labels, the boxes and our need to compartmentalize our lives and our selves.
It’s ok to just really choose who we are—guilt free.